Opinions from a banned barner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enemy at the gates

Suspended
Jul 29, 2023
Yes, I realize fully I'll get flamed for this, and I sincerely mean no disrespect to your forum, but I browse through these posts and I'm amazed at how similar it seems to the way my Auburn board was back when Saban first got hired. I saw one post about all the talent Bama has put in the NFL vs. the talent Auburn has (which is absolutely true), bringing up Sammie Coates being the last AU receiver to get drafted... but isn't that kinda how Bama was before Julio Jones arrived? Your last receiver drafted before him was...Deuce Palmer, who played defense as well? (I readily admit, I might be missing someone, but not of note.)

Bama tried to sell Perry on being the next Julio. Auburn sold him on making his own legacy and breaking all the receiving records on the Plains. It's not like our new coach hasn't put guys in the League before, even if the program really hasn't for a while.

This will be the second 5 star recruit that Freeze and company has flipped this week. We got a top 10 QB that Dabo at Clemson wanted badly. Like it or not, boys and girls, but this is just the start. Bama is at a higher place as a program than Auburn was when Saban was hired, but you guys are acting exactly the same way we did back then.

And don't forget the troubles Saban has already had with Freeze back when he was in Oxford. He's got more resources now. I won't go so far as to say that Auburn is back just yet, but when rival fans are saying the things about us that we've been saying about them for decades, that tells me something good is going on.

Y'all have a great season, and we'll see ya in Auburn in November!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I won't justify quoting your post, but did you just say this:

I won't go so far as to say that Auburn is back just yet,
Freeze hasn't coached a game yet!!! :unsure:

Might want to step back from the kool-aid and realize the fundamental differences in your program and the best in the nation.

Enemy at the gates

Suspended
Jul 29, 2023
I won't justify quoting your post, but did you just say this:

Freeze hasn't coached a game yet!!! :unsure:

Might want to step back from the kool-aid and realize the fundamental differences in your program and the best in the nation.
And yet he's already taken a high profile QB from Clemson, a 5 star LB from Georgia, and a 5 star WR from Bama (just won't be official until later today).

But you're right, he hasn't coached a game, and that's why I didn't go as far as to say it. We're on our way though, whether you like it or not.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Yes, I realize fully I'll get flamed for this, and I sincerely mean no disrespect to your forum, but I browse through these posts and I'm amazed at how similar it seems to the way my Auburn board was back when Saban first got hired. I saw one post about all the talent Bama has put in the NFL vs. the talent Auburn has (which is absolutely true), bringing up Sammie Coates being the last AU receiver to get drafted... but isn't that kinda how Bama was before Julio Jones arrived? Your last receiver drafted before him was...Deuce Palmer, who played defense as well? (I readily admit, I might be missing someone, but not of note.)

Bama tried to sell Perry on being the next Julio. Auburn sold him on making his own legacy and breaking all the receiving records on the Plains. It's not like our new coach hasn't put guys in the League before, even if the program really hasn't for a while.

This will be the second 5 star recruit that Freeze and company has flipped this week. We got a top 10 QB that Dabo at Clemson wanted badly. Like it or not, boys and girls, but this is just the start. Bama is at a higher place as a program than Auburn was when Saban was hired, but you guys are acting exactly the same way we did back then.

And don't forget the troubles Saban has already had with Freeze back when he was in Oxford. He's got more resources now. I won't go so far as to say that Auburn is back just yet, but when rival fans are saying the things about us that we've been saying about them for decades, that tells me something good is going on.

Freeze has always been sleazy dirty. Not just my opinion, half the Cow Dung fanbase held that opinion a few months ago. Now, Throw legalized cheating in that slime funk and you have what you are seeing. That’s OK , though. contrary to what you think, Freeze was never a great coach.
For the record, Freeze has a losing SEC record. Before you give us all that rhetoric about resources, etc. In HF‘s prime in Oxford (2013, 2014,2015), 2 of three years Ole Sis signed higher rated recruiting classes than Clemson. The RebelBearSharks finished most years 3rd in the SECW While Clemson competed on a national stage.
I think you are full of yourself with all that crap , overstating the importance of buying a couple of players with NIL as some great achievement. thank God BackPage is no longer a thing!

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

The only thing these recruiting victories mean is that the crooked people with the money ($cam) support a head coach who buys hookers for high school players. That’s it.

I laugh at the idea Saban told the kid he could be next anyone, let alone Julio Jones. Julio Jones and Andre Smith have the same “legacy” at Alabama: high profile guys who stayed at home. That’s it. Julio’s stats are down several players now, so if he was going to come rewrite the books and establish a legacy he would be moving DeVonta Smith out of the way, not Julio.

Auburn has playing time that they can guarantee, and boosters who aren’t scared to openly offer Tua’s brother 1.5 million dollars to transfer. Hugh Sleaze is taking advantage.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
And yet he's already taken a high profile QB from Clemson, a 5 star LB from Georgia, and a 5 star WR from Bama (just won't be official until later today).

But you're right, he hasn't coached a game, and that's why I didn't go as far as to say it. We're on our way though, whether you like it or not.
You are really confident.

Are you an Insider down there? :unsure:

CB72

3rd Team
Dec 14, 2022
Lewis Smith Lake
If that kid wants to go play in the barnyard then more power to him.
Bama already has receivers. Lots of them and a commitment from the #1 receiver in the next cycle as well.

Reactions: Bama75&80

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Didn`t I tell you guys they`d go nuts ? "The Preachaman gon lead us to the promised land! "

Reactions: dtgreg

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Lol you sound like Texas A&M fans not that long ago. Might want to win a few games and have some sustained success before you talk

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
As far as Freeze goes, take you pick, the next Terry Bowden or Bryan Harsin. Auburn has been down this road several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.