Roster Management for 24-25

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I hate the portal for both sports but especially for Basketball.

It's probably because I or we feel a bit closer to these guys because they don't wear helmets and we see their faces and their emotions.

I know I get attached to them pretty quick and now we have guys that SHOULD stick around as starters and 6th men just throwing their Jersey's in a trash can and dipping out for a bag of cash.

I'm getting really soured over it.

I'm STILL upset about Rylan.

I custom ordered his Jersey his Freshman year because I instantly liked the way he played and thought he would develop into a bigtime Legacy player for us.

What do I do with this thing?.... Throw it in the trash too?

It sucks.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I hate the portal for both sports but especially for Basketball.

It's probably because I or we feel a bit closer to these guys because they don't wear helmets and we see their faces and their emotions.

I know I get attached to them pretty quick and now we have guys that SHOULD stick around as starters and 6th men just throwing their Jersey's in a trash can and dipping out for a bag of cash.

I'm getting really soured over it.

I'm STILL upset about Rylan.

I custom ordered his Jersey his Freshman year because I instantly liked the way he played and thought he would develop into a bigtime Legacy player for us.

What do I do with this thing?.... Throw it in the trash too?

It sucks.
Kinda makes you not wanna buy jerseys with names on them which is gonna hit them in the pocket at least a little.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
As someone said, "In CNO we trust."

Just thinking out loud here: how cool would it be to take the Auburn PG, who Pearl couldn't unleash, and then for CNO to get the absolute most out of him???
Not on Pearl. Kid had a bad habit of getting in his own head and he was especially salty about getting benched mid season.

with a little more seasoning he could be great but right now the habit of shutting down when he messed up hurt him badly.

• Thank You
Reactions: CrimsonEyeshade

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Can't lie ... this is starting to feel like AAU. Really interested to see how this all plays out

Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
I fully expect CNO to find an upgrade for Pringle's spot. Right now, if everyone else stays, we have two scholarships remaining. Fully expect Wague to be gone unless they know, for sure, that his physical problems can be fixed. That was a wasted scholarship. We need to keep at least two of Sears/Nelson/Wrightsell.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Pringle was a liability with his issues during the season. I mean he had a good tournament, but post play underneath was an issue that lead to our eventual downfall against UConn. Good Luck!
I actually loved his gritty performances down the stretch, but you are correct.

When Wrightsell went out with injury and Pringle started to get more PT, it became clear we were often playing with only 4 players who could contribute offensively.

Pringle's only ability to score was hitting the offensive boards (which to his credit he did a good job with at times) OR to throw the alley-hoop up when we played smaller lineups.

It is true that every player has some weak areas of their offensive game, but Pringles stood out the most and I fully expect CNO to upgrade in Pringle's place.

Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky
I actually loved his gritty performances down the stretch, but you are correct.

When Wrightsell went out with injury and Pringle started to get more PT, it became clear we were often playing with only 4 players who could contribute offensively.

Pringle's only ability to score was hitting the offensive boards (which to his credit he did a good job with at times) OR to throw the alley-hoop up when we played smaller lineups.

It is true that every player has some weak areas of their offensive game, but Pringles stood out the most and I fully expect CNO to upgrade in Pringle's place.
I loved his gritty play also and it shows how good he could actually be with maximum effort on his part!

Reactions: day-day

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not on Pearl. Kid had a bad habit of getting in his own head and he was especially salty about getting benched mid season.

with a little more seasoning he could be great but right now the habit of shutting down when he messed up hurt him badly.
I didn't follow his story like you did, but if CNO takes him/he comes to Bama it'll only be because CNO thinks his system will help him work thru his issues.

I do know this, the only way to work thru a shooting slump is to shoot your way out of it. Based on his HS stats he can shoot the 3 and CNO is impressed with his PG skills.

It'll be interesting to see how this is handled if he portals in to Bama.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Given that you are competing against foreign players no to be drafted in the NBA, I see the G League as a risky proposition for a developing player. Winning is not as big a priority in the G League and I'm not certain what level of development is invested in players in the G League. It seems a lot like minor league baseball where it's all on you to find your way to the show.

From this perspective, I don't understand why a player would not exhaust his opportunity at the college level until its a no trainer he is drafted at the guaranteed roster level of a professional franchise?

BamaHoopsBoi

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 7, 2023
Not surprised by Pringle, definitely expect Wague to go as well. Seems like CNO is about to make a huge transfer portal haul here soon. Can't wait to see it.

My only hope is that we can get all three of Nelson, Sears, and Wrightsell to stay. That would be a dangerous roster to have for another FF run next year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Are players eligible to transfer within the Conference during the spring window? Is that a football only rule?
I found this and did not see anything say they can not during this portal window but it is a lengthy article and may have missed it. Seems this guy is saying multi school transfer players will be the norm and many are entering the portal to re-negotiate deals with current teams. Hope this is the case with Rylan.

Reactions: Slowpoke Catracho

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
We just got the best news we could have gotten. Johni is returning.
From a mock draft I saw he was listed behind Sears who was their 63rd pick and behind Nelson who was a few picks farther down. Had him listed as strictly a role player.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.