Spring Practice Thread/News/Predictions

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Ryan Williams is going to be 17 for his entire first season. He should not be expected to be a significant factor year 1 and I doubt he transfers.
I don`t disagree, but what WE expect might not coincide with what HE expects. The chances that he doesn`t have folks in his ear telling him he`s the greatest thing since Julio Jones, are probably pretty slim. Of course, I don`t know that for sure and I hope that`s not the case. JMO.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Is it just me or would TS not be highly sought after in the ACC, ND or even in the SEC where A QB has left for the NFL draft? I am not close enough to have insight into the teams who are set a QB or who needs a quality athelete at the position.
I think TS stays. He really has his heart set on starting at Alabama. If any go, I think it's Lonergan.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don`t disagree, but what WE expect might not coincide with what HE expects. The chances that he doesn`t have folks in his ear telling him he`s the greatest thing since Julio Jones, are probably pretty slim. Of course, I don`t know that for sure and I hope that`s not the case. JMO.
Idk maybe. He seems to be a Bama guy to me. But I've could be wrong

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
Ryan Williams is going to be 17 for his entire first season. He should not be expected to be a significant factor year 1 and I doubt he transfers.
RW might only be 17 years old, but he has been named Mr. Football in the state of Alabama for the last two seasons as well. He is just too talented to not be on the field.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
RW might only be 17 years old, but he has been named Mr. Football in the state of Alabama for the last two seasons as well. He is just too talented to not be on the field.
He may be. But I just don't think he starts August 31. He will play, along with several other WRs. He'll have to earn it on the field, regardless of what he does in Fall Camp.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Is it just me or would TS not be highly sought after in the ACC, ND or even in the SEC where A QB has left for the NFL draft? I am not close enough to have insight into the teams who are set a QB or who needs a quality athelete at the position.
I thought for sure LSU or Ole Miss or Tenn were going to make a heavy push to get him to transfer.

I was shocked that he stayed and thought if nothing else it shows that he's not afraid of competition and believes in himself.

I honestly have no idea how Ty's CFB Career is going to pan out but imo he absolutely has 5 Star Talent that just hasn't blossomed at this level yet.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
I thought for sure LSU or Ole Miss or Tenn were going to make a heavy push to get him to transfer.

I was shocked that he stayed and thought if nothing else it shows that he's not afraid of competition and believes in himself.

I honestly have no idea how Ty's CFB Career is going to pan out but imo he absolutely has 5 Star Talent that just hasn't blossomed at this level yet.
Look, I have ZERO problems with Ty Simpson and I want the best for him and Alabama but I have never sensed all-world talent or anything anywhere close to it. I hope you are all soothsayers and QB judges, extrordinaire. I await the glory that shall inevitably show itself.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I have seen Ryan Wiliams play in person and have watched film of him. I wished he could have participated in spring practice. However, all the superlatives used to describe him are warranted. I would be totally shocked if sometime during the season he isn't a significant factor.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Look, I have ZERO problems with Ty Simpson and I want the best for him and Alabama but I have never sensed all-world talent or anything anywhere close to it. I hope you are all soothsayers and QB judges, extrordinaire. I await the glory that shall inevitably show itself.
Well extremely sarcastic comment aside....

My opinion is based off of both Ty's HS Tape and the limited CFB action he's had.

He's extremely mobile in the pocket and insanely elusive.

He's has Manziel/Bryce type of escape-ability and can also throw on the run from just about any angle.

I've seen him scramble and circle around and throw the ball off-balance 55 yards down the field on the money.

He has great touch on his passes too and throws a very catchable ball and hits guys right in the hands in stride.

He throws a Beautiful Slant Pass.

If he were just a Pro Pocket QB I'd say he was a 4-Star Talent in the realm of AJ McCarron...

But it's his running ability that bumps him to 5 Star Talent.

If he can develop a certain level of Maturity and Leadership while having the Lightbulb go off wrt to Running CKD's Offense or anyone's Offense he could be a NIGHTMARE for Defenses to Defend.

I'm not sitting here saying he's a Heisman Candidate riding the Bench.

I'm just saying he has the Talent to be a Fantastic CFB QB.

Maybe try watching his HS stuff if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I am not so sure Pritchett will switch to RT. From what I have heard it's not easy technique-wise to go from LT to RT or vice versa plus EP has been working at LT all Spring.
It takes a bit of work, but it's not that hard. Footwork and hand placement flip, but that's really it from a coordination standpoint. Going Right to Left is harder but that's really only b/c it's on the QBs blindside and you're likely facing the opponents best edge guy.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
247 is speculating that Proctor is back because Iowa did not roll a red carpet of him, and Iowa players did not meet him with open arms, expecting him to earn everything.

It seems his heart was in Tuscaloosa and the kid realized that very quickly after transferring.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Well extremely sarcastic comment aside....

My opinion is based off of both Ty's HS Tape and the limited CFB action he's had.

He's extremely mobile in the pocket and insanely elusive.

He's has Manziel/Bryce type of escape-ability and can also throw on the run from just about any angle.

I've seen him scramble and circle around and throw the ball off-balance 55 yards down the field on the money.

He has great touch on his passes too and throws a very catchable ball and hits guys right in the hands in stride.

He throws a Beautiful Slant Pass.

If he were just a Pro Pocket QB I'd say he was a 4-Star Talent in the realm of AJ McCarron...

But it's his running ability that bumps him to 5 Star Talent.

If he can develop a certain level of Maturity and Leadership while having the Lightbulb go off wrt to Running CKD's Offense or anyone's Offense he could be a NIGHTMARE for Defenses to Defend.

I'm not sitting here saying he's a Heisman Candidate riding the Bench.

I'm just saying he has the Talent to be a Fantastic CFB QB.

Maybe try watching his HS stuff if you have no idea what I'm talking about.
If he leaves Alabama, another Bo NIx situation?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
If he leaves Alabama, another Bo NIx situation?
It would be more similar to Burrow leaving tOSU for LSU.

I'm absolutely not saying Ty is like Burrow or will be like Burrow.

Just that Burrow for whatever reasons couldn't get on the field at tOSU and the transfers to another Big program where they develop him and he has success.

AU knew what they had with Nix and ran him off anyway.

But it's way to soon to think Ty plans on doing anything but fighting to be Alabama's QB1 this year.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I'm not surprised Iowa didn't roll out the red carpet for Proctor. For one he had an up and down year (though I and everyone with a brain was high on him long term) but most importantly, It's Iowa, they don't care about football out there. It's not the red hot center of the universe like it is here, it's like Kim Kardashian had a kid with Elvis Pressley down here. It's March and I'm cruising message boards looking for any little tidbit of news on a sport that won't kick off till fall. In Iowa I don't know what they do in march, probably shovel snow. me? I'm prepping the pontoon boat for a lake day Saturday. Life is good in the south, but please for the love of God don't tell anyone.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
He may be. But I just don't think he starts August 31. He will play, along with several other WRs. He'll have to earn it on the field, regardless of what he does in Fall Camp.
If he's as good as everyone says, it may be impossible to keep him off the field. But the difference between high school and major college football is huge.

Doubtful he will be used to the speed and physicality of the game...at least early in the season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.