Still Recruiting Prep Linemen?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Amidst all the continuing excitement of winning the SEC and going to the playoffs ( I would think all positives in recruiting ), are we still recruiting any high school O and/or D linemen, or will any further additions come out of the portal? As far as player development is concerned, how could any prospect not be impressed with the strides both the O and D lines have made this seaso?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Amidst all the continuing excitement of winning the SEC and going to the playoffs ( I would think all positives in recruiting ), are we still recruiting any high school O and/or D linemen, or will any further additions come out of the portal? As far as player development is concerned, how could any prospect not be impressed with the strides both the O and D lines have made this seaso?
#1 tackle is a huge priority…Seaton I think?

Reactions: Tidelines

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
We are still looking at 2 tackles. Seatin will probably go elsewhere today (tennesee maybe?) No one really knows.

We had a massive oline class a year ago, almost all tackles, this year we have 3 interior guys.

If we miss on Seaton we may shoot for a guy in the portal at tackle if they like someone.

The one that jumps out to me right now is the center from ND. I think Seth is invited to return next year but we need more depth and experience and competition at center.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
We are still looking at 2 tackles. Seatin will probably go elsewhere today (tennesee maybe?) No one really knows.

We had a massive oline class a year ago, almost all tackles, this year we have 3 interior guys.

If we miss on Seaton we may shoot for a guy in the portal at tackle if they like someone.

The one that jumps out to me right now is the center from ND. I think Seth is invited to return next year but we need more depth and experience and competition at center.
I thought Seth was a senior... :unsure:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
he is, but in 2020 didn't play enough to burn his redshirt so that is still available to him (as well as claiming it as the 'Covid year' so he still has an option to play one more year, either with us or someone else.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
He's listed as a Senior on the UA roster for some reason, but he's actually a redshirt Junior. He played in only 2 games in 2020. Regardless of that, technically any freshman who signed in 2020 are eligible to come back in 2024 due to the Covid rule.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Clay- Chalkville has a huge offensive tackle that is committed to Oregon. Don't know if we recruited him or not. They play Saraland in the championship game Friday night. Might have to take another look at him.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Clay- Chalkville has a huge offensive tackle that is committed to Oregon. Don't know if we recruited him or not. They play Saraland in the championship game Friday night. Might have to take another look at him.
Favour edwin out of Georgia seems to be the top target left for us. He's got the length Wolford likes but will need at least a year, probably 2 to add weight (only 280)
He visits this weekend

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I stood behind him in line at a gas station a while back and that's the largest person I've seen up close. Just a huge young man.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He is huge and don't think he may have the footwork/bend/quicks we look for. With misses he may come back into play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.