The MOVIE thread

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Saw Dune2. I love the books, and part 1. I was much less happy with part 2. I am not even sure how they are going to reconcile a few plot shifts from the books at this point.
I enjoyed it - I thought it fleshed out the original book's storyline quite well, honestly.

I do think they're going to have to make part 3 (based on 'Messiah') so that people can see the full arc of what Herbert was trying to say.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I enjoyed it - I thought it fleshed out the original book's storyline quite well, honestly.

I do think they're going to have to make part 3 (based on 'Messiah') so that people can see the full arc of what Herbert was trying to say.
They have to now as they left those who have not read the books totally hanging.

But what the heck is he doing with Chani? That plot line is a 100% break away from the books, and she was key to his success as the wars play out.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
They have to now as they left those who have not read the books totally hanging.

But what the heck is he doing with Chani? That plot line is a 100% break away from the books, and she was key to his success as the wars play out.
Denis explained that those who did not read the books needed a more obvious hint as to what the story was about, so as to avoid the 'hero worship' the whole story is a warning against.

Reactions: B1GTide

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Haven't watched the latest Dune film yet, but it was required reading in a college English class I took with SciFi as the theme. That was one cool class! If I ever find the required reading book list, I will post it. Even include Vonnegut's "The Sirens of Titan".

Last night I re-watched "The Day After Tomorrow" for the umpteenth time. That is a really good movie!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Given the storyline of the original books -- how Gollum came to have the ring in the first place, what he did between then and when Frodo got it, and how "The Return of The King" ended -- I'm not sure how you do a "Hunt For Gollum."

I'll be interested to see how that works.

Reactions: Bazza and B1GTide

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Given the storyline of the original books -- how Gollum came to have the ring in the first place, what he did between then and when Frodo got it, and how "The Return of The King" ended -- I'm not sure how you do a "Hunt For Gollum."

I'll be interested to see how that works.
It's an established story based on the appendices of "The Lord of the Rings". There was already a fan film made of it a while back: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunt_for_Gollum

Reactions: B1GTide

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.