Jalen Milroe is now the starter going forward.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
What did you hear? How many players are we talking about with attitude issues? A few or many? I hope Saban handles it the right way.. Sounds like some players need to be counseled or talked to.
Just going by what Greg McElroy has said.

ua86

1st Team
Nov 20, 2009
North Alabama
Just got home and saw this 28 page monster thread. This thing has stirred more hate and discontent than the "Nubians vs. Angora" thread on ITAT.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Well, it's kinda past time to hurt some feelings.................these guys could have never played for the coach i played for in high school
Most players today couldn't. They just aren't raised to persevere through trials. Ones that are seem to be an exception instead of the norm now.

bamadws56

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2005
Fort Benning, GA
My observations from this early week announcement are...

- This OL is not fixable this season...
- This early week announcement was more for the OC than anyone. There is dissension on the staff as to who the starter should be. He will have to build his resume based on Milroe’s play.
- If players are really going to hold each other accountable, then they need to learn to huddle this week. That's a good place to build a team.
- Saban never had this team over the spring and offseason.
- This team has more drama on it than the 2007 team and DJ Hall was on that team.
- Ty Simpson will be factor later in the season. He just needs to keep working and wait for his opportunity. He has probably been affected as much or more by the favortism of a clique on the offense. He has essentially been shunned by his own teammates. Unless he has insulted them some where along the way, this is just wrong.
Re: Ty Simpson being shunned by his teammates - I'm not sure that is the case. I didn't see a whole lot of evidence of that while he was in (Jace no block and Proctor not helping him up aside). The rest of the offense stepped up and played marginally better with him in.
I think Tyler Buchner is who Latham was referring to as "playing favorites." I think bringing in Buchner was Coach Saban's biggest misstep this season. There would always be the specter of favoritism in a tight qb race with the new OC bringing in one of "his guys." That probably never sat well the the guys and may have even been seen as a slap in the face. The new OC's "guy" who eventually supplanted both Ty and Jalen by game three and looked like hot garbage while he played.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Most players today couldn't. They just aren't raised to persevere through trials. Ones that are seem to be an exception instead of the norm now.
Very true...............I heard all this talk about murder ball.................when I played it was murder practice, and it was not for the faint of heart. I have a nice case of arthritis due to an injury in practice

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Re: Ty Simpson being shunned by his teammates - I'm not sure that is the case. I didn't see a whole lot of evidence of that while he was in (Jace no block and Proctor not helping him up aside). The rest of the offense stepped up and played marginally better with him in.
I think Tyler Buchner is who Latham was referring to as "playing favorites." I think bringing in Buchner was Coach Saban's biggest misstep this season. There would always be the specter of favoritism in a tight qb race with the new OC bringing in one of "his guys." That probably never sat well the the guys and may have even been seen as a slap in the face. The new OC's "guy" who eventually supplanted both Ty and Jalen by game three and looked like hot garbage while he played.
I dont think anyone will have to worry about him again this season...............there were others Bama should have went hot and heavy for, TB i never understood

Reactions: bamadws56

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
This makes sense.

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
Yeah we could be 3-0…
If we had played Aubies pansy schedule we would be 3-0. Can you imagine the pounding the barnyard critters would have taken from Sark and the Texans… 49-0. But hey the juveniles got to celebrate by toilet papering trees at Toomers so there’s that

Reactions: RollTide2U

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I think Ty should still get meaningful game time. I think will need them both through the season.

I think the team boycotted Buchner more than Ty and it affected their preparation and motivation during the game.

If Ty plays a factor later in the season, that can only mean Saban has benched Milroe because of another loss. And if that happens, our season is over anyway.

Reactions: LeBron47

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I remember all the times I puked at practice. We ran and ran and ran. Then we did some more.
I watched a high school kid get sick before a game one time. He played the whole game except maybe for a couple of plays. Played both ways.

Reactions: Cruloc

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads