Jalen Milroe is now the starter going forward.

Snake 4 Bama

Scout Team
Jan 1, 2013
Makes you wonder if Saturday was on purpose to tell everyone to shut up, the picked the best guy in the first place.
And I agree, its all about the OL. If that isn't fixed, Bryce, Mac, Tua, or Joe Willie wouldn't make the difference.
Last year we had Bryce who made tough throws on the run when the line couldn't pass protect. This year the line is worse and none of our QB's can make the tough throws that Bryce did. So a defense can load the box with no fear of the passing game and put extra pressure to force a mistake by the QB. This also makes it hard to run the ball. The coaches need to use Milroe's running ability a lot more to open some passing lanes. Heck, maybe run the wishbone and freak out the defense.

Reactions: mrusso

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Last year we had Bryce who made tough throws on the run when the line couldn't pass protect. This year the line is worse and none of our QB's can make the tough throws that Bryce did. So a defense can load the box with no fear of the passing game and put extra pressure to force a mistake by the QB. This also makes it hard to run the ball. The coaches need to use Milroe's running ability a lot more to open some passing lanes. Heck, maybe run the wishbone and freak out the defense.
Heck yea, wishbone with Jalen, Simpson and Lonergan in the backfield. They wouldn't know what hit em.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Ehhh…. me and @JustNeedMe81 are two different posters? But don’t feel bad because you aren’t the first to confuse me with someone else today 😂

Honestly I’m just happy we have a plan going forward, but I don’t see it resulting in an Atlanta Party just yet. It could but my expectations are lowered than what they were 2 weeks ago.
Hey I did same thing to 81usa this morning. Popular man!

• Haha
Reactions: 81usaf92

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
So Greg McElroy is the one that mentioned Milroe showing his attitude in practice last week? Attitude because he didn't like sharing reps with the 1's with the other two guys?

I have no words for that. Nothing good about any of it. Bunch of babies.

dabamafan

2nd Team
May 8, 2002
murfreesboro,tn USA
Reactions: CoolBreeze

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Makes you wonder if Saturday was on purpose to tell everyone to shut up, the picked the best guy in the first place.
And I agree, its all about the OL. If that isn't fixed, Bryce, Mac, Tua, or Joe Willie wouldn't make the difference.
The offensive line wasn’t much better last year and Bryce did make a huge difference. Last season looks like this one without him.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Lol, facts won’t win this argument.
Feels like we as a fan base are about as diametrically opposed as the team seems to be about this situation.

Can't wait for Milroe's first turnover vs Ole Miss....most will still pump the sunshine. At least I'm not the only one that thought Simpson actually looked like a QB out there. A rookie QB that needs some game time. But Milroe is this teams ride or die QB.....even some of the former players are all in on him.

Don't blame Saban for sitting him for the attitude last week. This team is on the cusp of implosion.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads