Lets get it on record your prediction for the rest of the year. Win Loss?

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
No team has looked like a #1 team this year. michigan has quietly won big in every game, but have not played a team with a pulse.
True, but they seem to have beat the breaks off all of those 2d rate opponents, and, as far as I know, haven't quit after halftime either.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
It all depends on what team on both sides of the ball show up. If the team from yesterday shows up we loose TN and LSU. If team who beat A&M
shows up we run the table. Going with my heart . We run the table.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CrimsonRuss

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Nice thread and a lot more optimism than I thought. Frankly, there simply is no way to predict what we are going to get out of this team from week to week. Coach is exasperated because we are simply winning games and not dominating the opponent, which is the goal of his process. But it is forcing him to coach harder and that is a good thing. Until we lose a game I am not going to predict a loss. We can win them all and, to me, there is a high probability that we will given what I just stated about Coach. We were flying high after the 8&4 win now we are deflated after a horrible second half against the hogs. That is what this season is going to dish out so we are going to have to grind out every play of every game remaining on the schedule and it will not be pretty. We have the talent. We have the coaches. I like our chances.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CrimsonRuss

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
It is difficult to figure out what our record will be for the remainder of the year. This team is just not consistent. Neither is Rees. Of course I hope we win out and make it to Atlanta and then the CFP. That could happen... so could losing a few more games. Our defense is really good, but they are going to eventually get tired if our offense has too many 3 and outs. I just wish this was the year we had BOTH a good offense and good defense.

My prediction:

TN- Bama wins by 7. We stop their run game for the most part. Their pass rush is pretty good, so Milroe needs to be ready (and the O line too). Hope Malachi is ready to play on Saturday.

LSU- this is hard to predict. Both teams have a bye week. Each team will work on fundamentals (LSU on D, Bama on Offense mainly). I recall a few years ago Coach O said they changed up their defense over the bye week. They came to our game with a new scheme that Bama was not prepared for, and they won. I wonder if Brian Kelly will try to do that. I do not like Brian Kelly and sure hope Bama can beat them this time. I think Bama has to score 38 or maybe 40 to win the game. It will be a close game again like last year.... not sure who will win yet but right now I'd say LSU wins it by 7-10 points. I think it also depends on who is healthy and who is injured for each team by then.

Kentucky- Bama wins a close one, closer than it should be. Maybe by 7-10 points. It should be a huge double digit win but it is a road game, most likely in cold weather. There will either be a let down from losing to LSU, or a high from beating LSU in a shootout.

Chattanooga- Bama wins easy, by 25-30. Just hope there are no injuries and that 2nd and 3rd string gets some experience in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Auburn- I know they are a bad team this year, but the voodoo at that stadium and Auburn luck means anything can happen. I think Bama wins but it won't be easy.

So, I think Bama wins each remaining game except maybe the LSU game. Hopefully we will win that though. I was really hoping Arkansas would have beaten LSU when they had the chance. Maybe someone else will in the SEC West if Bama doesn't. Then, if that is Bama's only SEC loss (to LSU), and LSU has 2 losses in the SEC, Bama would still make it to Atlanta. It is too early to predict if Bama could beat UGA, but I think with a healthy roster and adjustments on offense, etc, it is very possible. RTR

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I won't pick Alabama to lose any game, but I will be stunned if they win out. They don't have it, whatever it is. Not saying that any other teams look unbeatable, but Alabama looks very beatable, and there is a huge difference between those two things.

Maybe they get lucky. It takes luck to win championships. They need some.
Thank you for your honesty B1GTide. I agree with you. I’m just not seeing the consistency to make me think we win out. As much as I want it to be so my gut says we are going to drop a game or two.

Reactions: B1GTide

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
That's what makes it hard to picture making it to Atlanta, let alone beating Georgia, let alone, winning the national championship. The lack of consistency. It would definitely (and very unfortunately) be remembered as one of the worst national championship teams in the history of the game. But, unless our consistency changes, it's all a moot point

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I think LSU is a toss-up. We win the rest. But if we get to SECCG, I'm not optimistic about our chances against UGA.

Carollovestide

Scout Team
Dec 6, 2019
So sick of the hype around the Dawgs ,….. let’s switch schedules and see what happens …….. I honestly think our D wins a matchup against Ga . Hopefully when they play Tennessee the same no good rotten refs will be at Neland and make sure the Vols win like they did with us !!! Roll Tide now and forever !!!!

spidermayin

1st Team
Dec 4, 2018
Combine the first half play against USF and the second half play against Arkansas and you have a recipe for a few more losses. Have one of those halves against LSU and Tennessee and you can lose both of those games. We cant afford another one of those halves against Tenn, or LSU. If i was a betting man, we lose one more and still make the SEC championship game.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
We aren't making it to Atlanta without the win over LSU. Only one time did we lose to them and win the West and that was 1993, but half the division was on probation that year, so it's hard to count that.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The Bama that played the 2nd half vs Ole Miss, 1st Half Miss State, 2nd Half Tex 8&4, 1st Half Arky can probably finish 11-1 or 10-2 depending on the LSU result.

The Bama that played in the opposite halves of those games probably finishes 8-4 or 7-5.

This team is so erratic and inconsistent I don’t even see how anyone can make a prediction.

Right now I’d make a guess that is an average of those wild swings and say 9-3 with losses to LSU and AU since those seem to be the most dangerous teams left….LSU because they have the best QB and AU because Voodoo.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It all depends on what team on both sides of the ball show up. If the team from yesterday shows up we loose TN and LSU. If team who beat A&M shows up we run the table. Going with my heart . We run the table.
IMO, the team from A&M is the same as the team from Arkansas. Looked that way to me, just one sucked in the first half and the other sucked in the second. Same exact problems we've had all year in both games. At this point, this team is what it is.

I think we lose to both UcheaT and LSU. Have a scare @ Kentucky and Auburn but win both. Chattanooga will be the only comfortable win left.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Vegas still likes us to make the playoffs if not win it all . Someone said on a call in show this morning that they fully expect the -8 line against UcheaT to be bigger by week's end. Line movement there would be surprising. I think -8 is about right
Why does what Vegas thinks matters? Isn't that based on who's betting on who?

I trust my own eyes more than I trust a betting line.

And what my eyes see is a team capable of laying a egg one game (like we did against Arkansas) and then turning around and having a game like we did against TAMU.

I realize every team every year has its ups and downs, but I don't remember a Bama team that has been this widely inconsistent.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Whatever we do down the stretch, I've found myself not getting nervous during games at all. I'm not sure if that's because I expect a trainwreck now or because I've seen this crap play for 2.5 seasons now. Lack of discipline, too many penalties, bad decisions on the field.....I think what really upsets me about Bama for the last few seasons.....that lack of killer instinct.

Where did the attitude go? Where did the killer instinct go? Where did the "make'em quit" go? Why aren't we the better prepared team more times than not? Is our strength training lacking? Is there something missing in practice? Why do we have so much anxiety?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads