My preliminary analysis of Bama vs Michigan...

tmaxam99

Suspended until 2024
Nov 15, 2009
Say something positive soon. Or we will think you are a troll.
Would you read some of my previous post. By the way I predicted the score to be 27-24 I have no idea what your problem is. Which I don't care if you like my opinions or not. Though you put my opinions down, which is fine. Though I am not going to be bullied by you or anyone else.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Con and B1GTide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Go back and read what he said about Saban. Poking fun at the GOAT when your team is coached by Jim freaking Harbaugh isn’t a good idea. To get caught cheating red-handed and come onto this board and act all smug isn’t either.
harbaugh gave me the creeps when he was talking to the announcers right after they revealed them as #1

Reactions: colbysullivan

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
His play has dramatically improved.
I know folks were saying he quit running on that Milroe run to the right where he ran out of bounds, had no where to go....saying Seth should have kept running and he'd have been there to block for Milroe.

I've watched that play several times, Seth was going as fast as he could, he couldn't keep up with anyone in front of him. He slowed down only after the UGA guy got to Milroe. He threw his hands up, he knew if he was faster that would have popped the play.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Would you read some of my previous post. By the way I predicted the score to be 27-24 I have no idea what your problem is. Which I don't care if you like my opinions or not. Though you put my opinions down, which is fine. Though I am not going to be bullied by you or anyone else.
Good luck to you. Only so much I care to take from a new poster. Try again in 2024

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Nah man Michigan cheated and shouldn’t be allowed to play in the postseason. The rest of the country seems to have forgotten all about the scandal but I refuse to. I’ll just stay out of the thread from now on.
I haven’t forgotten either.

I almost asked earlier who would be the ‘Villain’ in this game to fans of other teams… Mich for cheating or Bama because it’s Bama.

But I caught myself and realized it was a rhetorical question.

It’s Bama…. It’s always Bama 😆

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015
I know folks were saying he quit running on that Milroe run to the right where he ran out of bounds, had no where to go....saying Seth should have kept running and he'd have been there to block for Milroe.

I've watched that play several times, Seth was going as fast as he could, he couldn't keep up with anyone in front of him. He slowed down only after the UGA guy got to Milroe. He threw his hands up, he knew if he was faster that would have popped the play.
I agree, I thought Milroe could of set up Seth’s block a lot better by slowing down a little.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I think Michigan does have talent, I think they will be well coached, I expect them to be physical; and at the end of the day I think they have a good football team. And while I believe all of that to be true, I also won't be very surprised when it turns out they are a very over-rated football team as well. With the schedule they played it's hard to determine if they are #1 in the country good, or if they are #12 in the country good.

**I'm using the rankings from the UM and Bama team pages on ESPN which appear to be what the team was ranked at the teams played**

Based on the rankings, UM's best five wins this season are: #2 OSU (now ranked #7), #10 PSU, #16 Iowa (now ranked #17), (NR) Maryland, and (NR) Rutgers.

Using the same rankings, here are Bama's best five wins this season: #1 UGA (now ranked #6), #14 LSU (now ranked #13), #15 Ole Miss (now ranked #11), #17 UT (now ranked #21), and (NR) Texas A&M. With Bama having a loss to what was the #11 ranked Texas team that is now ranked #3 and also in the CFP.

While none of this will mean a whole lot once the game actually kicks off, I do think it will be a benefit for Bama in that this team will have a lot more experience in contested games against quality opponent which has helped the team to learn how to play through and out of adversity.

Any adversity that UM has had to play through this year is from their own doing. But it's not necessarily due to the schedule that they played to get to this point.

At the end of the day I think this Bama team knows much more about themselves that the UM team that will show up at the Rose Bowl. If UGA didn't out physical Bama, then I would be surprised to see this UM team do so. If we shut down their run, I see this being one of those games where the score is closer than the actual game itself...but I think we will be a bit more explosive on offense, which I think will be the deciding factor.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
We lost our sign stealer early in the season, and I'm sure didn't dare replace him-even though most programs have them on the sidelines, in the booth, studying film, etc. In fact, several Big Ten teams shared information on Michigan signs last year among each other. That's all legal, of course. What our guy did was pay others to travel to games to get video. That's the entire illegal part. Is that worth a 3-game suspension for the head coach? Would they have suspended Saban for it? No, because your commish would have told Auburn-or whoever paid the PI firm like Day did-to (read our profanity policy) and handle their business internally. That's the last comment I'll have on sign stealing, I'm really here to talk about the game!
FYI - in case no one's mentioned it - on this board blue font equals sarcasm.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
You gone learn.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: 92tide

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
We lost our sign stealer early in the season, and I'm sure didn't dare replace him-even though most programs have them on the sidelines, in the booth, studying film, etc. In fact, several Big Ten teams shared information on Michigan signs last year among each other. That's all legal, of course. What our guy did was pay others to travel to games to get video. That's the entire illegal part. Is that worth a 3-game suspension for the head coach? Would they have suspended Saban for it? No, because your commish would have told Auburn-or whoever paid the PI firm like Day did-to (read our profanity policy) and handle their business internally. That's the last comment I'll have on sign stealing, I'm really here to talk about the game!
I do have one question about the sign stealing situation and then I'll move on with a question about your team. But as I understand it, UM had every intention of taking legal action with the intent of getting Harbaugh back on the sidelines for what was either the PSU or the OSU game....from what I recall either the day of or the day before UM was due in court to challenge the suspension I think the NCAA provided some previously unknown information that resulted in UM stopping with their legal proceedings and leaving Harbaugh still suspended...and it also resulted in the Big 10 dropping their investigation and actually dropping the entire matter. Do you have any idea what it was that the NCAA brought to the table? Was it related to the LB coach that got fired for trying to get rid of the paper trail? Also, do you know if the NCAA will still be looking into that whole situation, or have all parties moved on?

Now for some real football.....how are you guys on the D-line? What I mean is do you have a true game wrecker up front, or is it more of a collective effort in that there might not be that one game changer, but there is also not a real weak link either? For instance, in my opinion Bama doesn't have that one true game wrecker on the D-line, but I think we have a couple of guys who at times aren't far off and we have pretty good numbers to rotate in and out without much drop off.

Our game wrecker types up front really come from our outside LB position with Dallas Turner as the lead dog, but with Chris Braswell not too far off.

Reactions: Amaizing Blue

Amaizing Blue

Dec 4, 2023
Go back and read what he said about Saban. Poking fun at the GOAT when your team is coached by Jim freaking Harbaugh isn’t a good idea. To get caught cheating red-handed and come onto this board and act all smug isn’t either.
My comment was meant to be positive toward Lord Saban and the SEC. No way you guys would have let this nothingburger blow up into what it has been and tear down one of your strongest teams. Not trying to be smug, just firmly believe there is no there, there.

• Facepalm
Reactions: B1GTide

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
At the end of the day I think this Bama team knows much more about themselves that the UM team that will show up at the Rose Bowl. If UGA didn't out physical Bama, then I would be surprised to see this UM team do so. If we shut down their run, I see this being one of those games where the score is closer than the actual game itself...but I think we will be a bit more explosive on offense, which I think will be the deciding factor.
I'm also not sure if this would indicate Michigan hasn't really been challenged, or that they have handled every challenge like a champion. But I look forward to finding out.

2023-MichiganWinProbability.png

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My comment was meant to be positive toward Lord Saban and the SEC. No way you guys would have let this nothingburger blow up into what it has been and tear down one of your strongest teams. Not trying to be smug, just firmly believe there is no there, there.
Well you gotta remember that there is a little friction between Alabama and Michigan over the years and the fact that we are playing you guys after the stallions situation doesn’t really help things with some Bama fans.

Amaizing Blue

Dec 4, 2023
I do have one question about the sign stealing situation and then I'll move on with a question about your team. But as I understand it, UM had every intention of taking legal action with the intent of getting Harbaugh back on the sidelines for what was either the PSU or the OSU game....from what I recall either the day of or the day before UM was due in court to challenge the suspension I think the NCAA provided some previously unknown information that resulted in UM stopping with their legal proceedings and leaving Harbaugh still suspended...and it also resulted in the Big 10 dropping their investigation and actually dropping the entire matter. Do you have any idea what it was that the NCAA brought to the table? Was it related to the LB coach that got fired for trying to get rid of the paper trail? Also, do you know if the NCAA will still be looking into that whole situation, or have all parties moved on?

Now for some real football.....how are you guys on the D-line? What I mean is do you have a true game wrecker up front, or is it more of a collective effort in that there might not be that one game changer, but there is also not a real weak link either? For instance, in my opinion Bama doesn't have that one true game wrecker on the D-line, but I think we have a couple of guys who at times aren't far off and we have pretty good numbers to rotate in and out without much drop off.

Our game wrecker types up front really come from our outside LB position with Dallas Turner as the lead dog, but with Chris Braswell not too far off.
So our linebacker coach Chris Partridge apparently told players how to respond to NCAA questions, or not to respond, or something. STUPID...and he got fired. And rightly so. That development meant that we had no leg to stand on when it came to the appeal, so we dropped it. NCAA is still investigating, we will see where it goes. The frustrating thing is that this whole thing is really nothing. Trust me.

Reactions: deltatider

Amaizing Blue

Dec 4, 2023
So our linebacker coach Chris Partridge apparently told players how to respond to NCAA questions, or not to respond, or something. STUPID...and he got fired. And rightly so. That development meant that we had no leg to stand on when it came to the appeal, so we dropped it. NCAA is still investigating, we will see where it goes. The frustrating thing is that this whole thing is really nothing. Trust me.
Our defensive line is going to give you problems. If it doesn't, we lose by 50. Strength of the team, we rotate 8 guys and most are just beasts. We have played a light box all year because of the strength of our line, and have gotten away with it. If you can force us to play honestly in the box, we are probably in trouble.

Reactions: dathbama

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I hope center Seth McLaughlin cleans his dang play up. I'd hate to see him become a major liability with his reckless snaps. It's been going on since the first game of the season. I am surprised Nick has not tried someone else at center just to wake him up at least.
If there is a liability, he became it by the rest improving. He’s the smallest lineman with the toughest job. He’s literally crashed into every play so he presses on his snaps to try to get into position.

Watch the games. When he’s playing well the snaps are fine. If he’s in a dogfight, that’s when they get squirrely

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads