Build this man an arena now

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Three Sweet 16s in four years; recruiting is at an all-time high; Alabama runs an offense that is set for deep runs in March.

Oats wants money to go towards NIL, bur we need to build this man an arena ASAP.
Honestly at this point and time, I'm cool with Coleman as is. This season was one of the best basketball experiences I've had in the building. For it to be that big and sold out for almost every game this season was impressive.

I would rather the money go to the NIL as well. Coach knows that's the main thing that will draw in AND keep top-tier scholar athletes. Definitely keep a new/renovated arena as a priority. Set a hard date to get it done in the next 3-5 years. But I'm with Coach, we have to prioritize the NIL over any arena.

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
Honestly at this point and time, I'm cool with Coleman as is. This season was one of the best basketball experiences I've had in the building. For it to be that big and sold out for almost every game this season was impressive.

I would rather the money go to the NIL as well. Coach knows that's the main thing that will draw in AND keep top-tier scholar athletes. Definitely keep a new/renovated arena as a priority. Set a hard date to get it done in the next 3-5 years. But I'm with Coach, we have to prioritize the NIL over any arena.
Coleman would be a lot more intimidating if the student section was closer to the court and not stuck in one section 30' away in one corner.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Cameron Indoor Stadium works pretty well for Duke...renovate Coleman and you would save a lot of money. No need for a huge arena any more...
They have already renovated Coleman several times, and I also think it is fine. I do wish they would change the seating and put the students around the court; otherwise, I think it is just fine. Like everything else, prices for construction have skyrocketed. It's hard to justify building anything that now costs three times as much as it did five years ago.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
They’re building a golf course, yes it is.
It is s golf training facility. There is a 9hole course. That project is just under 40 mil. The renderings they released would cost $183mil to build. The university has a master plan, and I don't think they are going to change the order of things. Once it gets funded as @AlistarWills said it will be built. I think last event I went to, they said it was a 1.5 billion capital improvement drive they were in the middle of.

• Thank You
Reactions: Con

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
Are we even sure an arena is required to keep Oats? I'm sure he'd love to have one, but he's agreed to multiple extensions and large buyouts since it was announced that the arena would be delayed, so it must not be a huge deal.

Reactions: dathbama

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Are we even sure an arena is required to keep Oats? I'm sure he'd love to have one, but he's agreed to multiple extensions and large buyouts since it was announced that the arena would be delayed, so it must not be a huge deal.
He's been patient... :cool:

Reactions: dathbama

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
This doesn't seem the time to have this debate. We got 2 more basketball games to win!

This discussion will be here when it's time.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Heard him say publicly that we "obviously" need a new gym, but that the immediate challenge is filling Coleman every night.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Original price was $175 million. To build that same facility, it's now approaching $300 million.
Goodness! I think I would just pay Coach Oats a couple of million more and put off building the new building. I'm glad I am not in charge of all these improvements across the campus.

Latest threads