Who's your Favorite Freshman/New Player Coming this Fall?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Hate to be that guy, but PSR will determine a lot of times where the ball goes, especially if they send Odom out wider than the outside receiver.
Trying to ignore that could be a factor with all of these guys.

LOL . . . You mention the one that I don't want to see. :ROFLMAO:
So you are not excited to see the most hyped WR recruit possibly since Julio?

Reactions: colbysullivan

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Trying to ignore that could be a factor with all of these guys.

So you are not excited to see the most hyped WR recruit possibly since Julio?
Here’s the thing about receivers: they have to get the ball. Maybe they’ll get creative (we did see the jet sweep at A-Day)when it comes to getting him the ball. Williams body isn’t Julio’s so he’s not going to be out muscling guys for the ball, which means he’s going to have to read coverages and get open.

My expectations are tempered with reality.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Here’s the thing about receivers: they have to get the ball. Maybe they’ll get creative (we did see the jet sweep at A-Day)when it comes to getting him the ball. Williams body isn’t Julio’s so he’s not going to be out muscling guys for the ball, which means he’s going to have to read coverages and get open.

Without turning this into a "you know what" discussion, I'm confident CKD will not allow these talented receivers to be on the field AND not get them the ball.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Without turning this into a "you know what" discussion, I'm confident CKD will not allow these talented receivers to be on the field AND not get them the ball.
I truly want to see if Saban’s system may have greatly prepared the NFL level talents for the NFL, but kind of hampered the guys who wouldn’t be playing on Sundays. I want to see if sometimes simpler is better when it comes to turnovers and defended passes. I want to see if combating these more complex route trees is going to something less complex so the defense doesn’t hesitate, over think, or communicate the wrong thing.

it will be interesting, let’s hope it’s not frustrating.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Daniel Hill will have more TDs than Williams or Odum next season ( if they utilize him as a bigger back
on goal line plays.)
He may finish with more tds than either given the likley hood of their positions scoring but doubt we have enough go past haynes or young if we need size at the goal line.

I'd day hill Williams and Odom could all finish with at least two tds.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

To be fair, I don't know that julio is a fair comparison for Williams, who plays a lot closer to smitty and Cooper incredible route runner who is difficult to jam on the line.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Hard for it not to be Ryan Williams.

That said I love this WR and DB class. Odom Jefferson and Scott will be special.

Daniel Hill at RB and Steve M. At Dline are a couple outside of that group i really like
Williams is going to be electric and I agree. Excited about Odom also.

CB Zabien Brown appears to be a starter going into fall camp and he will need to fight off the transfers and the other two 5* CB's in this class.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Kalen DeBoer on Ryan Williams. I see somebody who understands the game with special talent and good person so expecting big things from him.

"He's one of the most dynamic guys I have ever seen at receiver," DeBoer said. "Getting the ball in his hands, he can do it on short throws and quicker type routes and he can do it down the field. He's good in every way."

DeBoer cited Williams' football skills and who he is as a person as to why he wanted to sign him. Williams decommitted from Alabama once Nick Saban retired, but Williams recommitted to the Crimson Tide a few weeks later and signed his national letter of intent in early February. Williams, who reclassified to the 2024 class, is the No. 4 overall prospect and the No. 3 receiver in the class per the 247Sports Composite.

"When you talk to him, he reiterates what he hears," DeBoer said. "It's amazing to me how much he processes and can articulate back to you what was all said. I'm just super excited to coach him up. He's a guy who is seeking this growth mindset, and is just going to take it all in every moment possible. He and doach (JaMarcus Shephard), they've already formed a pretty good tag team as far as their relationship. It's only onward and upward from here."

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Not at all. I am not excited to see the biggest ego I've ever seen on a kid.
If you're basing that on his presence at events and social media, well he has a job now. He literally works for Yea Alabama so he has to do that stuff, I know no everyone is used to that but he and milroe and a few others are basically selling war bonds for Alabama football right now.

Other than that, I've never met a humble wideout who was any good. They may not say it out loud but that and cb are positions where self confidence is is kind of a must, if you're the best of either on your team you are essentially on an island all game long.

Other than that I've never heard a bad word about the guy.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads