Alabama: 2024 Fall Practice Thread/News/Predictions

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Not much of a turnout for Fan Day.
Not surprised. A couple reasons for that could be 1) that we've been standing on the mountain top for nearly 2 decades. There's a bit of a somber mood among the fans because of the possibility that the program will slip some. And 2) I think a lot of fans are very much put off by the money the players are making now.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Not surprised. A couple reasons for that could be 1) that we've been standing on the mountain top for nearly 2 decades. There's a bit of a somber mood among the fans because of the possibility that the program will slip some. And 2) I think a lot of fans are very much put off by the money the players are making now.
...OR it's too stinking hot!🔥

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
To bad we can’t get notes from the rec anymore
Right, that was a bastion of football knowledge all gathered together with one buffoon live tweeting during the scrimmage. Anyone that thinks they’re getting a look at anything with substance at one of these scrimmages is hilarious.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Al.com mentions a few notable plays from fan day and kinda gives a recap over what happened.
Some good info there...including JM connecting on short passes in 7 on 7 drills.

Also, it seems Ryan Williams is already running with 1s some. He may not start, but he's gonna play from day 1.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Some good info there...including JM connecting on short passes in 7 on 7 drills.

Also, it seems Ryan Williams is already running with 1s some. He may not start, but he's gonna play from day 1.
I don't think we can understate the importance of that. If he's doing that on schedule with the right timing for the routes as designed, that could be a huge step forward for him.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'll add they could be beginning to be put off by being charged every time they turn around for every little thing.

Reactions: TD7, CB4 and AWRTR

AWRTR

Suspended
Oct 18, 2022
I'll add they could be beginning to be put off by being charged every time they turn around for every little thing.
My enthusiasm for the sport has waned quite a bit over the past couple of years. In talking with fans of Bama and other teams, I'm hearing the same thing. I just don't care as much anymore. I'll still watch most Bama games, but my overall interest and desire to spend any money on the sport is way down. I was going to at least one game a year. I live in South FL so a trip to a game is much more time-consuming and expensive than when I lived in Alabama. I have no plans to attend a game this year or going forward. Maybe if they play UF I would consider going. That's about 3 hours from me. I think many fans feel nickel and dimed to death by a sport that has changed quite a bit in a short period of time. Another thing is the cost of living has increased significantly over the last few years and money for extras like autographs is now going in the gas tank and being spent at the grocery store.

Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky
We won't know if anyone has improved or not until the real "bullets" start flying. There will be a lot of dynamics in play on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. Both sides are running new schemes with a lot of new personnel. So before it's all said and done there may be players getting opportunities that we never thought would.
I agree. It's hard for me to get excited about scrimmage given after a trip to the ice cream truck. Let's see what we look like when the rubber hits the road. Even the first game.

Reactions: TD7 and gtgilbert

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Right. And this has been going on for years, but now they have to maintain the current expenditures while bumping it up to pay the players.

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005

here's an interesting excerpt from the above article:

... Several of the QBs took part in a drill where they attempted to throw a football into one of three garbage cans in the far right corner of the end zone. Milroe watched the drill while Simpson, Lonergan and Mack participated as well as some walk-ons...

... I'm guessing maybe Jalen was just watching because he was having difficulty determining which garbage can was open? :sneaky:

** For those of you wearing Blue Blockers:

1723476463025.png

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

I think a lot of WRs will play first two games. At least 6. Maybe more. But yeah, Williams will play every game, and may be a starter by game 4. But Bernard, Law, and Prentice aren't chop suey. They'll be great too. But Williams will be special.

Reactions: Con and smith5753

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
here's an interesting excerpt from the above article:

... I'm guessing maybe Jalen was just watching because he was having difficulty determining which garbage can was open? :sneaky:

** For those of you wearing Blue Blockers:
Due to their inability to make even the simplest catches, the trash cans are rumored to be hitting the transfer portal. The most likely destination?

1723495205678.png

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads