GOP Fight for 2024 nomination II

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin
As much as Carlin hated religion, he would be aghast at being called a prophet, but it often feels like that’s exactly what he was. His hatred of the establishment influenced me in so many ways.

Reactions: Jon

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I lefty friend of mine told me something interesting this past weekend.
The Republicans had a chance to put DJT in the national (and the party's) rearview mirror. If they had voted to remove, especially in the second impeachment. The Democrats gave the Republicans a gift in impeaching DJT. A slow pitch down the middle of the plate: Vote remove, Pence finishes out the term, and DJT can never run again and ruin the Republicans in the 2024 presidential.
Instead, they just weren't smart enough to do that.
Now, DJT is running away with the Republican nomination (and every indictment makes his people love him more), but is there anyone in this country who is still undecided as to that guy?
He is going to stagger to the general, hemorrhaging money for his legal defense. Heck, he might finish the campaign season in a Fulton County jail. The presence of DJT on the ballot is going to drive up Democratic voting rates to near 2020 levels.
Well, if they had had an ounce of courage and an ounce of sense...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I lefty friend of mine told me something interesting this past weekend.
The Republicans had a chance to put DJT in the national (and the party's) rearview mirror. If they had voted to remove, especially in the second impeachment. The Democrats gave the Republicans a gift in impeaching DJT. A slow pitch down the middle of the plate: Vote remove, Pence finishes out the term, and DJT can never run again and ruin the Republicans in the 2024 presidential.
Instead, they just weren't smart enough to do that.
Now, DJT is running away with the Republican nomination (and every indictment makes his people love him more), but is there anyone in this country who is still undecided as to that guy?
He is going to stagger to the general, hemorrhaging money for his legal defense. Heck, he might finish the campaign season in a Fulton County jail. The presence of DJT on the ballot is going to drive up Democratic voting rates to near 2020 levels.
Well, if they had had an ounce of courage and an ounce of sense...
from your mouth to god's ears. the fulton county jail is not a well run or nice place. i don't think he would handle it well

Reactions: Jon

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
As much as Carlin hated religion, he would be aghast at being called a prophet, but it often feels like that’s exactly what he was. His hatred of the establishment influenced me in so many ways.
A shame he didn’t live until 2016. He would have been great commenting on that election. While he definitely wouldn’t have liked Trump, I don’t think he’d have been a big fan of Hillary either.

Reactions: AWRTR

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
A shame he didn’t live until 2016. He would have been great commenting on that election. While he definitely wouldn’t have liked Trump, I don’t think he’d have been a big fan of Hillary either.
There's no question he would have despised them both. People forget that Trump was friends with the Clintons for years. When he first entered the race, I remember a lot of people suggesting that Trump was only in it to win the primary and then hand an easy win over to Hillary. Turns out, no matter how much of an unlikable D-bag Trump was, Hilldawg was even less likable (which is simply mind-boggling when you think about it.) I think Trump was as surprised as anyone else to actually win that thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Kelly Carlin, daughter of the late comedian George Carlin, is mystified that Donald Trump followers and right-wingers have tried to claim her dad as one of their own.

“Before he died in 2008, and Hillary was running, my dad was like, ‘You know, it’ll be good. Hillary [Clinton] will get in there and she’ll get some people some jobs.’ I mean, of course he leaned that direction. My dad was a lifelong New Yorker and lifelong New Yorkers hate Donald Trump,” she says with a laugh on this bonus episode of The New Abnormal podcast. “It just always shocks me when these Trumpers wanna claim him.”

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I think DJT polls around 30-40% of likely voters. The other 60% have definitely made their minds up about him. I do not see anyone reconsidering that position. But the Republicans seem intent on nominating him, so he will go down in a landslide.
The Democrats are channeling their inner Napoleon, "When your opponent is making a mistake, do not interfere."

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads