Hamas attacks Israel - Part 2

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
How do the Palestinians feel about the LGBTQ community?

And the Israelis?

And does that matter to anyone on the left?
1. It involves a very undignified death

2. The same

3. Depends really. Like autism, left and right ideology exists on a spectrum and it's not very easy to nail down. Both political parties are hilariously fractured and I'm loving it. Not just because I enjoy chaos, but I do still have an ever-diminishing hope that people will come back to their senses without the need for a life-changing catastrophe.

Reactions: BamaHoHo and AWRTR

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I think there is entirely too broad a brush being applied all over the place. Sergeant Buster Kilrain of the 20th Maine Infantry (an entirely fictional character, but a wise one nevertheless) said, "You judge men as they come: one at a time. Anybody who does otherwise is a pea-wit."

If the Allies and Soviets had gotten to the Oder and the Rhine in 1945 and a majority of the German people were saying, "Hitler is right and he will lead us to victory over you all! And as soon as we get a chance, we're going to do this all over again!" The Allies and Soviets would say, "Oh, well, I guess we have not stomped them enough. Yet. Fire up the stompin' machine."
I have not yet seen any sign from the Palestinians in Gaza that they have realized that Hamas is not only evil, but really stupid. They either cannot, or will not (yet) get rid of that scum. So this is going to continue until Israel eradicates Hamas and/or the Palestinians of Gaza realize they they have a responsibility to crush Hamas themselves.

Once this is over, I expect Israel is not going to be so "hands off" Gaza so Iranian scum can no longer ship rockets or weapons into Gaza. Anything going into Gaza (either by sea or by land from Egypt) is going to have to be inspected by Israeli authorities. Anything with military use will be confiscated.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You had to see this coming.
‘Nili’: Is a secret Israeli unit hunting Hamas militants behind the October 7 attack?
Israel will be going after the perps of October 7 like the perps of the Munich attack.
They are to be feared. A lot of people don't know that Ashkenazim Jews differ radically in appearance from Sephardic Jews, whose ancestors never left the Mediterranean area. The latter look just like Arabs and speak Arabic fluently, frequently it was their first language. Their penetration into cells is very hard for the Arabs to prevent. I wouldn't like to be on their list...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think there is entirely too broad a brush being applied all over the place. Sergeant Buster Kilrain of the 20th Maine Infantry (an entirely fictional character, but a wise one nevertheless) said, "You judge men as they come: one at a time. Anybody who does otherwise is a pea-wit."

If the Allies and Soviets had gotten to the Oder and the Rhine in 1945 and a majority of the German people were saying, "Hitler is right and he will lead us to victory over you all! And as soon as we get a chance, we're going to do this all over again!" The Allies and Soviets would say, "Oh, well, I guess we have not stomped them enough. Yet. Fire up the stompin' machine."
I have not yet seen any sign from the Palestinians in Gaza that they have realized that Hamas is not only evil, but really stupid. They either cannot, or will not (yet) get rid of that scum. So this is going to continue until Israel eradicates Hamas and/or the Palestinians of Gaza realize they they have a responsibility to crush Hamas themselves.

Once this is over, I expect Israel is not going to be so "hands off" Gaza so Iranian scum can no longer ship rockets or weapons into Gaza. Anything going into Gaza (either by sea or by land from Egypt) is going to have to be inspected by Israeli authorities. Anything with military use will be confiscated.
Most don't know that Bibi has made a "deal with the devil," with Hamas, sort of "we won't bother your rule of Gaza, if you don't bother us." Well, Hamas exploded that big time and Bibi now has his political future (and jail for corruption) at stake, hence the almost unexplainable (otherwise) destruction in Gaza. Stupid, stupid move on their part...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
They are to be feared. A lot of people don't know that Ashkenazim Jews differ radically in appearance from Sephardic Jews, whose ancestors never left the Mediterranean area. The latter look just like Arabs and speak Arabic fluently, frequently it was their first language. Their penetration into cells is very hard for the Arabs to prevent. I wouldn't like to be on their list...
My favorite scene in Munich was when the Mossad guys grossly overestimated the amount of explosives to put in the "bed bomb" and ended up blowing up the whole corner of the hotel.
I suspect similar scenes will take place.

Reactions: UAH and Bazza

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Intriguing:

Mahmoud sounds like a good man trying to serve his community and provide for his family. He obviously has respect for life or he would not have tried so hard to save everyone.

I don’t doubt that the Hamas terrorists have no respect for life, but if this article is anywhere close to accurate, the average Palestinian is not so different from an American citizen.

What an absolute nightmare this had to be for Mahmoud.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

WASHINGTON — The U.S. launched an airstrike on a facility in eastern Syria used by Iranian-backed militias, in retaliation for what has been a growing number of attacks on bases housing U.S. troops in the region for the past several weeks, the Pentagon said.

Wednesday’s strike by two U.S. F-15 fighter jets was on a weapons storage facility linked to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.

“The President has no higher priority than the safety of U.S. personnel, and he directed today’s action to make clear that the United States will defend itself, its personnel, and its interests,” Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said in a statement.

This is the second time in less than two weeks that the U.S. has bombed facilities used by the militant groups, many operating under the umbrella of the Islamic Resistance in Iraq, which U.S. officials say have carried out at least 40 such attacks since Oct. 17.

Maudiemae

All-American
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
1. It involves a very undignified death

2. The same

3. Depends really. Like autism, left and right ideology exists on a spectrum and it's not very easy to nail down. Both political parties are hilariously fractured and I'm loving it. Not just because I enjoy chaos, but I do still have an ever-diminishing hope that people will come back to their senses without the need for a life-changing catastrophe.
I'm confused by your answer "the same" in regard to Israel and LGBTQ.

Maudiemae

All-American
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
I meant same answer as the first, not that the Israelis and Palestinians were the same. I can see how that answer is confusing.
I was going to reply as crimsonaudio did. I don't think Israel allows same sex marriage as such but they don't have laws calling for punishment of anyone in the LGBTQ community. There are definitely Jews who abhor them and preach against it but definitely not all. It would be illegal for anyone to persecute anyone.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

• Israel has agreed to pause operations in northern Gaza for four hours a day from Thursday, the White House says
  • U.S. President Joe Biden says he has pushed for longer pauses to get hostages out
  • Gaza residents say Israeli troops inch closer to Al Shifa hospital, where Israel believes Hamas has a command centre
  • The heads of the CIA, Israel's Mossad and the Qatari prime minister met to discuss a possible deal involving a pause in fighting and the release of hostages

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

WASHINGTON/BAGHDAD, Nov 9 (Reuters) - A defective drone in Iraq may have helped keep America from being dragged deeper into a widening Middle East conflict.

The drone, which was launched at the Erbil air base by an Iranian-backed militia before sunrise on Oct. 26, penetrated U.S. air defenses and crashed into the second floor of the barracks housing American troops at about 5 a.m, according to two U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

But the device laden with explosives failed to detonate and in the end only one service member suffered a concussion from the impact, said the officials, who asked to remain anonymous to speak freely about the attack. The U.S. had got lucky, they added, as the drone could have caused carnage had it exploded.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads