Political ramifications for Trump assassination attempt part II

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
His term ends in 2026. I guess if he wants to go for it he can declare and just campaign for two years. Not sure how far he will get.
That's a hell of a good head start over any other possible candidates. Plus, if Trump wins in November, it's possible he could bring in DeSantis in an advisory role after his gig in Florida is up. (This, of course, is entirely dependent on whether or not Ron wants to kiss Trump's ass for two years.)

Reactions: AWRTR

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Once Trump is finally out of the way, this guy has to be seen as the front-runner in 2028. I can't imagine anyone else having that much instant appeal among conservatives. I'm also willing to bet dollars to donuts that the uniparty will want to go in a different direction.
i hope like hell he is. he’s a tool’s tool

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Once Trump is finally out of the way, this guy has to be seen as the front-runner in 2028. I can't imagine anyone else having that much instant appeal among conservatives. I'm also willing to bet dollars to donuts that the uniparty will want to go in a different direction.
I haven’t heard “uniparty” used in a while, but it used to be a buzzword of the drain-the-swamp crowd. My question is are you saying the he D’s or R’s are going to want to go in a different direction?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I haven’t heard “uniparty” used in a while, but it used to be a buzzword of the drain-the-swamp crowd. My question is are you saying the he D’s or R’s are going to want to go in a different direction?
Now it is a virtue signal that one is above the partisan fray, but usually somehow almost always centered somewhere adjacent to characters like Trump and Desantis and/or tolerant of such poorly behaving ne'er-do-wells.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
Probably both, but it really depends on his messaging. People tend to forget his congressional voting record. It's possible that he does a complete 180 degrees from that (as Kamala is currently doing) and that will not be acceptable to the establishment. If it looks and sounds like he is sliding back into his voting habits, he'll probably be fine. If not, there's always Neocon Nikki they can drag back out into the fray.

All that is to say that while his record as governor is well-documented, I can't say for certain how much he will sway from that if (when?) he is running for president. Politicians will say anything, though which is why I don't listen to them. It will be hard to figure exactly what he intends to do should he get elected (just like all the rest.)

• Thank You
Reactions: AWRTR and Go Bama

AWRTR

All-American
Oct 18, 2022
I’d like to see Liz Cheney and her crowd lead relatively rational conservative Republicans back to prominence after Trump poops out.

They had the backbone to kick the John Birchers out years ago, they need the same type courage now.
What from your point of view would be a "rational conservative Republican" platform?

• Haha
Reactions: Chukker Veteran

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.