Roster Management for 24-25

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
It's been widely reported that Kansas has been in his ear most of the season. On3 has him listed as 100% to Kansas.
And I read that but I also heard that he did something on social media commenting on the fact that he didn’t know where the Kansas talk was coming from. Seems my kid may have viewed it and was telling me about it.

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
I have a hard time with believing CNO told Griffin who was a starter and major contributor to this team and would be next year he should go unless he knows something or a couple something’s that are coming to the portal. As of right now the guy from Pepperdine is not better then Griffin nor is the guy from South Florida(maybe equal too here) but not better. Now with guys like Pringle, Cosby, and Waters I think you could say that and those guys probably are just bench guys for few minutes each half so telling them if you want more playing time you might want to leave to get it. Now there might not be the money to pay him what he thinks he should get but no way he told Griffin he wasn’t wanted here imo.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Elaborate on what happened in your opinion.

What did Holloway do wrong?

What, if anything, did Pearl do wrong?

What, in your opinion, should have been done differently?
Moon, not DUB but here goes … for someone with clearly so much ability and even greater potential, Holloway showed a complete inability to deal with disappointment. Miss a shot, make a turnover, get removed from the game, he’d visibly pout or retreat into a dark hole, rendering himself almost useless from that point on. It was startling to watch. Like something out of junior high.

Last edited:
Reactions: AUDub and BamaMoon

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Elaborate on what happened in your opinion.

What did Holloway do wrong?

What, if anything, did Pearl do wrong?

What, in your opinion, should have been done differently?
Long and short of it he came in and the stage was probably too big for him to shoulder the load of being “the guy” this early on. He has all the ability in the world but there’s some sort of mental block - probably stemming from youth - that would cause him to put too much pressure on himself.

You’d see his teammates trying to calm him down all season, particularly when he went to the stripe.

As for Pearl? Probably shouldn’t have put so much pressure on him, but at the same time you kind of expect a 5* McDonald’s All-American to be an immediate game changer.

What should be done going forward? There’s a little bit of growing up needed is all.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I'm a RG fan despite posting what I heard. I like him back. For what he lacks in his game, not 1v1 guy, not the best rebounder, not the best ball handler, not the best passer, he will make shots for you and play defense. I think he has more Herb Jones attributes than maybe anyone on the team. His upperclassmen leadership would be a big asset. But you don't reach to the back of the NIL drawer to keep him.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Moon, not DUB but here goes … for someone with so much evident ability and even greater potential, Holloway showed a complete inability to deal with disappointment. Miss a shot, make a turnover, get removed from the game, he’d visibly pout or retreat into a dark hole, rendering himself almost useless for the rest of the game. It was startling to watch.
Nailed it. The kid just never reacted well when things didn’t go his way.

This is by no means something a player with his ability has no chance of growing out of. I’ve seen entire teams melt down in response to a bad call or a bad break or two. Hell 3 years ago, the Shariffe team, was such a situation. That team was immature as all get out and it showed.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Well, we'll see I guess. No doubt the talent/ability is there.

Maybe "our system" of being encouraged to shoot no matter what is just what he needs.

I think this might also be CNO's way to address the turnover issue that seemed to plague us at times last year. We were not a great passing team on the perimeter so I figure he likes AH's pure PG skills and sees it as a worthy risk to take him.

Reactions: CrimsonEyeshade

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Hoping Holloway will react positively to the new environment, system, and coach. Players respond differently and individuals need to be handled in different ways. Maybe Holloway could not adjust to the Auburn coach or the Auburn coach didn't find the right way to handle Holloway.

It will be interesting if Sears comes back.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Hoping Holloway will react positively to the new environment, system, and coach. Players respond differently and individuals need to be handled in different ways. Maybe Holloway could not adjust to the Auburn coach or the Auburn coach didn't find the right way to handle Holloway.

It will be interesting if Sears comes back.
Hoping it works out ... CNO has a reputation to be more of a hard you-know-what like Saban. It made for a tough road with Pringle but he brought in at the right time.

Reactions: CrimsonEyeshade

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.