Saban to be on Cover of Sports Illustrated (8-27)

RkyMtnTide

3rd Team
Jul 3, 2007
Tuscaloosa, United States
The whole "jinx" thing is blown out of proportion. Coach Bryant was on the cover and seemed to do okay:rolleyes:.

I had a post earlier this summer about wondering if the national media is starting to jump on the Saban/Bama band wagon. IMO it seems to be happening. I am seeing more and more press of CNS that has the "feel good" spin on them.

I can't wait to read this article... I would put money on it being a "Saban's not so bad-turning the Tide-Bama will be better than expected article." They are all back pedaling as fast as they can before the season starts!!!

Rollllllllll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Vegas4Bama

1st Team
Oct 24, 2005
LA$ VEGA$, NV
Bravo!

Coach Saban on the cover of SI, now I think it's finally good carma to see nice stuff written about Bama and NOT stuff like sanctions and NCAA doing this and that to us..........dontcha know???

I also do NOT believe in bad things happening to people on the Cover of SI either!!

Things will happen when people do the right thing, etc...

If Coach Saban has gotten the guys into good condition, we will do as well as we can.........but I truly believe that if you get it together, the team will prosper against even those where we are NOT suppose to!

Roll Tide Roll!!!:BigA:

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
I can't wait to read this article... I would put money on it being a "Saban's not so bad-turning the Tide-Bama will be better than expected article." They are all back pedaling as fast as they can before the season starts!!!

Rollllllllll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saban lands UA back on SI cover

TUSCALOOSA | This time, Bama really is back. At least, it’s back on the cover of Sports Illustrated, the nation’s most respected sports magazine. The University of Alabama football program is again the subject of an SI cover story, this time about the impact that the hiring of head coach Nick Saban has had on the program, and the excitement it has generated among Crimson Tide football fans.
This month’s article, written by Pulitzer Prize-winning author and UA journalism instructor Rick Bragg, explores Alabama fans’ expectations that Saban will return the program to its glory years.
The article is itself is actually already out on their website.

The Rising Tide

They say college football is religion in the Deep South, but it's not. Only religion is religion. Anyone who has seen an old man rise from his baptism, his soul all on fire, knows as much, though it is easy to see how people might get confused. But if football were a faith anywhere, it would be here on the Black Warrior River in Tuscaloosa, Ala. And now has come a great revival.

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
so will this be on the shelves the 27th?
Thats the date the issue will have on the cover. Other than that I'm not sure. SI has always been kind of screwy with their issue dates and the date they actually come out. If I remember right, I used to get mine in the mail on Thursday but it would have the date of that next Monday on it. I'll just check periodically now that I know its going to come out sometime in the next week or so. :smile:

Anchovy

Suspended
Oct 9, 2006
the 21 Southeastern Conference championships, the 12 national championships, the Team of the 20th Century (as The Wall Street Journal called the Crimson Tide in 2000).

Anyone have that Wall Street Journal article?

gator

1st Team
Aug 22, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Great pub for the school - more of a lasting affect than some of the bad press that is going around now, which will die out by the time the season rolls around.

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
I subscribe to SI, as I get mine in the mail either Thursday or Friday of each week. Normally I get it a few days before they hit the stores, so I expect to see the Saban issue within the next day or two. This is great publicity for Bama. I know ESPN The Magazine is coming out with their preview this week as well, as I wonder if they'll mention Saban with Bama a few times in that issue. I subscribe to both of them, but love SI the best because they are so honest, in-depth, and serious with their writing. ESPN's stuff is too cheesy for me.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.