JessN: Assistant coach hiring tracker...

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
I’m surprised Riggs hasn’t been hired yet.i was told he had quit his head coaching job in the IFL, where he won numerous titles, to join CKD , even before he left Washington. They’ve been friends for quite awhile.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I hate showing my ignorance, but what does a Director of Applied Science do for a football program?
I would think he would take the advancements in the workouts, glean how best to apply them to the football program to maximize the benefits of the fourth quarter program overall.

MajorFan42

Jan 14, 2017
Depends on how individualized the programs are. 100+ programs and supervision could be quite demanding.
It may not work this way at Alabama but in some places, this is a research position. I work at a smaller University and that is what it does there, collects data, creates and implements experiments, tests new equipment, researches industry data, etc.. They communicate quite a bit with the SC people about all this.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It may not work this way at Alabama but in some places, this is a research position. I work at a smaller University and that is what it does there, collects data, creates and implements experiments, tests new equipment, researches industry data, etc.. They communicate quite a bit with the SC people about all this.
Nice insight. So we know two things:

CKD feels this is important enough to be someone’s job, not just another responsibility of another staff member, and the University has given him the green light to hire someone for it.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
UPDATE ...

Added a bunch of analysts/support personnel (including Mark Sheridan, brother of OC/QB coach Nick Sheridan) ... but the big name here is Chuck Morrell, who was thought to possibly be a co-DC at one time, joining the staff in an off-field role. This staff has excellent depth and is probably the strongest staff Alabama has fielded since the heyday of Nick Saban's career, specifically the years when Kirby Smart and Lane Kiffin were assistants.

We removed one name, Kurtiss Riggs, because it just doesn't seem like that rumor is going to come true. If information comes to us that changes the situation, we'll re-add him to the list.

Bama75&80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 5, 2019
It does seem exceptionally strong. As in a lot of things, I hope the parts can mesh and form a cohesive unit. Same with the team themselves and then with each other. Interesting ride in 2024🙂

Reactions: Tidelines

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.