Question: Best individual game performances against Alabama?

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
Who had some of the best individual game performances against Alabama?

I immediately think of Deshaun Watson in both national championship games.
Johnny Manziel in 2012.
Others?

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Maybe not the best...hard to say, but Randy White played at Maryland and had a great game against Bama in the 1974 season. Coach Bryant went on and on about him on his coaches show. He was a great football player that's for sure.

Reactions: CB4 and TexasBama

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Since you didn't specify which sport... I was in Coleman when Pete Maravich scored 63 points against Bama. On one occasion he picked up his dribble just past the half-court line. the Bama defender backed off and the crowd is yelling "Shoot! Shoot!... He did. Nothing but net.
Bama won the game. :)
I was there as well; he scored 69; and lost. And; there was a heckuva fight after the game.

Bama197

Scout Team
Sep 19, 2004
I still remember that 2001 Independence Bowl against Iowa St ans Seneca Wallace. It seemed like that guy could do know wrong and I don't see how that last game winning field goal was missed also, but Bama still won.

Reactions: TexasBama

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Gees I had forgotten about the fight. Football players came out of the stands, cheerleaders got it involved. It was wild.
Yep; as Pete was running off the court a Bama male cheerleader gave Pete a "good game" pat on the butt and Pete went after him. There were 3 rows of big guys with shaved heads; the A Club, and they came on the court. Did not end well for the LSU players.

• Haha
Reactions: Tidelines and CB4

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Archie Manning, Legion Field 1969;
Manning completes 33-of-52 passes for 436 yards and two touchdowns. He runs 15 times for 104 yards and another three touchdowns. those were CRAZY numbers in that day.
No player before Manning had ever thrown for 300 yards and run for 100 in a major-college game; he sets school records for pass attempts, completions, yards and total offense.
The first prime time televised college game. Bama won 33-32; still the best game I have ever seen in person.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.