Question: Best individual game performances against Alabama?

Redfish Hunter

Dec 21, 2019
Danny Wuerffel in 1996 is still throwing tds. I think he had 6 tds and about 400yds. I said at the time this is the best college qb I’ve ever seen. Kept dropping them right over the shoulder near the sideline and bama dbs could do nothing to stop it every pass he threw that night was perfectly placed

Reactions: TexasBama

Bama Ping Pong

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 16, 2009
Plano, Texas
Since you didn't specify which sport... I was in Coleman when Pete Maravich scored 63 points against Bama. On one occasion he picked up his dribble just past the half-court line. the Bama defender backed off and the crowd is yelling "Shoot! Shoot!... He did. Nothing but net.
Bama won the game. :)
I was there and he was amazing!!!

HighlandOak

1st Team
Mar 8, 2023
"where o where are you tonight, why did you leave me here all alone, I searched the world over and I thought I'd found true love, you met another and ppssssst you were gone
My college roommates hated me on Saturday nights because I wouldn't do anything until after Hee Haw. I always told them to go without me, but they rarely did. Don't know why.

Reactions: Con

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
2001, Rohan Davey and Josh Reed, LSU.

Davey stats: 35/44/1 528 Yds 2 TDs
Reed stats: 19 rec 293 yds 1 TD
Agreed. I was there. Everybody in BDS knew Reed was the target, and we couldn’t stop it.

Still don’t understand how one WR could dominate a game like that, but he dang sure did.

I don’t remember the final score. Whatever it was, it could easily have been 2-3 TDs worse.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Agreed. I was there. Everybody in BDS knew Reed was the target, and we couldn’t stop it.

Still don’t understand how one WR could dominate a game like that, but he dang sure did.

I don’t remember the final score. Whatever it was, it could easily have been 2-3 TDs worse.
The coach for lsu must have been kind to not run up the score. Whatever happened to that guy?

• Haha
Reactions: TideEngineer08

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

35-21. That score is indeed baffling when those stats are considered.

Cowtown Bama

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2007
I remember Deshaun Foster at UCLA having a pretty good game in 2000. That sent that season into a tailspin.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
We came out ahead thankfully, but Jayden Daniels last season was an absolute machine. It felt like every play was a ridiculous completion or a long QB run.

If LSU had even a mediocre defense last season, they’d have gone undefeated and won the whole thing IMO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.