News Article: Former SEC QB claims mob offered him $300k to fix game, all SEC games are rigged. Bama players involved

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Agreed. While the “story” sounds plausible, this guy’s place in it is kinda doubtful; unless the mob guy mistook him for someone else (he says not), just doesn’t make sense unless he is involved in sending signals.
Maybe they wanted him to send in the wrong signals from the sideline.

• Haha
Reactions: rolltide7854

64 Grad

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 29, 2023
A quarterback on a good team could easily shave enough points for a bad team to cover. I do not know personally of any confirmed point shaving in football. I watched a basketball game in Tuscaloosa the year after Bailey Howell graduated from Mississippi State in maybe the late 1950's. State had a far superior team and I thought their center was a nice guy by not hammering us when he could have easily done so. He passed the ball back outside a lot instead of scoring at will. A few days after the game it came out he was shaving points. The first 7 foot basketball player(I know his name but not sure how to spell it) at the University of Kentucky was caught shaving points in the early 1950's of so. He never played pro because of that.

Reactions: dtgreg

64 Grad

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 29, 2023
The 7 foot player at Kentucky was Bill Spivey. I read up on it. He was not convicted at trial in New York. He was defended by John Y. Brown, Sr. who told me that when I sat beside him on a flight to Las Vegas. He was dropped by the University of Kentucky his senior year and the NBA. His jersey was later retired at Kentucky.

Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky
Setting: A BAR!

A guy comes up and says he is an "Italian Mobster" and wants to offer a bench warming QB $300,000 to throw a game which said QB would have no impact on at all.

Yep! Sounds Plausible if you also drinking the same thing that the others are having!

I haven't been to a "Bar" in a long time in College town, but I don't ever remember anyone telling the truth about anything.

BamaFan6462

Aug 24, 2023
My first thought is that it’s a damned shame the news media will report on a virtually unknown player making accusations like this. It’s almost always an unknown or NFL player that’s been out of the game for several years and by some strange circumstance, they decide to clear their conscience when they’ve been out of the news for awhile. For many years a news outlet wouldn’t risk their reputation on this type of story without more evidence, but media has deteriorated pretty badly over the past few decades.
Second, considering how many of the college players now openly admit they’re all about the money, we will absolutely see more of this that will certainly be legit. The NIL won’t be enough, so this will become a fertile field for organized criminals to work.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Why are people giving some low life podcast trying to make a name for itself the time of day? Seriously, this is a joke of an accusation. Sure, every SEC game is fixed, that's why Bama lost soooo many under Saban or is that why Bama won so many? Who knows but it's all rigged, says a Vandy player. At least we know why Vandy loses all the time, the big fix!

Outkick pushing this crap just shows how much of a joke they are, nothing but a click bate website. We all know who founded that site and how much of a stupid idiot he is. The fact that people trust this site now blows my mind.

Reactions: Slowpoke Catracho
Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky
Why are people giving some low life podcast trying to make a name for itself the time of day? Seriously, this is a joke of an accusation. Sure, every SEC game is fixed, that's why Bama lost soooo many under Saban or is that why Bama won so many? Who knows but it's all rigged, says a Vandy player. At least we know why Vandy loses all the time, the big fix!

Outkick pushing this crap just shows how much of a joke they are, nothing but a click bate website. We all know who founded that site and how much of a stupid idiot he is. The fact that people trust this site now blows my mind.
Because we live in a "conspiracy" driven society in this day in age. There are even conspiracies against conspiracies!

cthorne22

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 5, 2002
Harvest, AL
I think this guy is full of it, but hey it’s his story. As others have said, if true about the mob, probably not a great idea to put it out on the interwebs.

*"I was approached at Jason Aldean’s bar in Nashville by the Italian mob to fix football games," Mo Hasan said on the podcast. "He offered me $300,000. I went to get drinks and so I’m alone right now. I’m not with my friend group. He comes up to me. He offered me $300,000. He said, ‘For something like this, my clients pay $250 to $300K. For a game," Hasan said.

Hasan did not stop there, deciding to throw an opposing school at the time under the alleged bus.

"He said we regularly talk to guys in your position about fixing games. He named guys in the SEC who, I don’t want to say their names because they’re in the NFL right now and that’s a bad deal. But, the University of Alabama, I will tell you that," Hasan said.*
Fixing games at Vanderbilt....hunhhhhh...Is that even possible? By the backup QB?

Sounds like some really bad Mob financial investments.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
The 7 foot player at Kentucky was Bill Spivey. I read up on it. He was not convicted at trial in New York. He was defended by John Y. Brown, Sr. who told me that when I sat beside him on a flight to Las Vegas. He was dropped by the University of Kentucky his senior year and the NBA. His jersey was later retired at Kentucky.
He probably could have made more money selling cars back then than he would in the NBA.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
A quarterback on a good team could easily shave enough points for a bad team to cover. I do not know personally of any confirmed point shaving in football. I watched a basketball game in Tuscaloosa the year after Bailey Howell graduated from Mississippi State in maybe the late 1950's. State had a far superior team and I thought their center was a nice guy by not hammering us when he could have easily done so. He passed the ball back outside a lot instead of scoring at will. A few days after the game it came out he was shaving points. The first 7 foot basketball player(I know his name but not sure how to spell it) at the University of Kentucky was caught shaving points in the early 1950's of so. He never played pro because of that.
And that's why Coach Bryant left Kentucky.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.