News Article: Former SEC QB claims mob offered him $300k to fix game, all SEC games are rigged. Bama players involved

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I think this guy is full of it, but hey it’s his story. As others have said, if true about the mob, probably not a great idea to put it out on the interwebs.

*"I was approached at Jason Aldean’s bar in Nashville by the Italian mob to fix football games," Mo Hasan said on the podcast. "He offered me $300,000. I went to get drinks and so I’m alone right now. I’m not with my friend group. He comes up to me. He offered me $300,000. He said, ‘For something like this, my clients pay $250 to $300K. For a game," Hasan said.

Hasan did not stop there, deciding to throw an opposing school at the time under the alleged bus.

"He said we regularly talk to guys in your position about fixing games. He named guys in the SEC who, I don’t want to say their names because they’re in the NFL right now and that’s a bad deal. But, the University of Alabama, I will tell you that," Hasan said.*
The fact that anyone offered a Vandy QB to throw a game is so ridiculously funny...🤣

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Good thing it wasn't the Russian mafia, he would be throwing himself out a window about now...

Reactions: bamaga

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
A mafiosi is hanging out on Broad Street in Nashville, recogizes a Vandy QB as such, doesn’t know that he doesn’t play much, and offers $300K to throw a game. And oh by the way, Alabama’s involved, never mind that the reporter has a monetary interest in the story.

I may have fallen off a turnip truck in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. But it didn’t happen yesterday.

Joefus

1st Team
Jan 3, 2021
I don’t believe this guy for a second. Like others have stated he wasn’t even playing so how is he gonna shave points when he never sees the field. Also why is he even mentioning the “Italian” mob. Like why is that important. Just say the mob. In my experience bad liars give themselves away with this kind of weird info dumps in their lies.

all that being said….that ole miss game where we fumbled it like 5 times has never sat right with me 🤔

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I saw an article last week about this same thing happening to a USCw player. Same story with the same amount of money being thrown around by the “Italian mob”.
This is totally bogus imo.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

RollTide-YNWA

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2009
Dothan
BTW, from my research and the little info available during his time with the Commodores, Hasan was never the starter for Vandy, threw 18 passes in a Vandy uniform , got hurt, then transferred to USCw , goof hurt. Played for 4 schools so far . Why would the mob target this guy? He owns his own podcast right now, hmmm.

Seems like a nice kid though, he is the founder and CEO of Second Spoon

-Second Spoon is a student-athlete run 501c3 registered non-profit organization that recycles nutritious surplus foods before distributing them to the those in need out of food trucks.-
Second Spoon sounds like a front ...

Reactions: dtgreg

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Sounds like somebody needs some attention. Why would the mob offer somebody at Vandy that kind of money. They were already going to lose. Did this guy want them to lose by 50 instead of 35 or something like that?

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
We have pass interference, holding, and other subjective calls that are just open invitations for cheating. From watching the games, all around the country, I'd say we have a lot of games being impacted by cheating today, and it's mostly not the players. Coaches are making millions, players that can't even play are making huge bucks, and the guys 'officiating' the games are part time minimum wage guys. It's a system designed for failure.

Are some of the head-scratching coaching decisions we witness driven by external factors?

As the players just become paid mercenaries this will only get worse. Money is money, and when money is the only goal...

Reactions: dtgreg

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I saw an article last week about this same thing happening to a USCw player. Same story with the same amount of money being thrown around by the “Italian mob”.
This is totally bogus imo.
Same guy, he played for USCw also, and Syracuse. But the allegations were from his time at Vandy.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Going to politely ask any moderator to delete this rumor spreading link from outkick. Thats clay travis' website and if you're familiar with his love for Bama conspiracy theories it wouldn't be allowed here. Trash person trash website. Don't give it your clicks or attention.
I get that, but the claim wasn’t from outkick. It is also being reported by the NY post, the Tennessean, Yahoo sports.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
"He said we regularly talk to guys in your position about fixing games. He named guys in the SEC who, I don’t want to say their names because they’re in the NFL right now and that’s a bad deal. But, the University of Alabama, I will tell you that," Hasan said.*
If this happened, the quote above is practically the definition of hearsay. I think there’s a logical way to determine if it happened or not.

If it happened, he’s an idiot for going public with it, which makes him an unlikely fit at Vanderbilt.

If it didn’t happen, then he’s lying, which means he’s of questionable character, which makes him a perfect fit at USCw.

He’s lying. Q.E.D.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.