News Article: Former SEC QB claims mob offered him $300k to fix game, all SEC games are rigged. Bama players involved

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think this guy is full of it, but hey it’s his story. As others have said, if true about the mob, probably not a great idea to put it out on the interwebs.

*"I was approached at Jason Aldean’s bar in Nashville by the Italian mob to fix football games," Mo Hasan said on the podcast. "He offered me $300,000. I went to get drinks and so I’m alone right now. I’m not with my friend group. He comes up to me. He offered me $300,000. He said, ‘For something like this, my clients pay $250 to $300K. For a game," Hasan said.

Hasan did not stop there, deciding to throw an opposing school at the time under the alleged bus.

"He said we regularly talk to guys in your position about fixing games. He named guys in the SEC who, I don’t want to say their names because they’re in the NFL right now and that’s a bad deal. But, the University of Alabama, I will tell you that," Hasan said.*

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: B1GTide and Con

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
curious if he reported this contact at the time to his coach, AD, or similar authority... or the FBI ... or if he's just now throwing it out there?

No doubt because of the huge sums of money being thrown around even more money is influencing outcomes. And not just with the athletes. This could explain some of the unexplainable that we've talked about for so long on here.

My guess is they went to a Vandy QB b/c he could influence non-outcome bets (think completions, 1st downs, over/under, yards, etc.) w/o being so obvious... b/c ... Vandy.

But $300k/game? Seems like big bets on Vandy games would trigger the sports gambling watchdog like it did in the Alabama baseball case last year.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I think more likely rigged by the officials or coaches than the players. Momentum and passion to compete are more difficult to overcome on the field.

I believe strongly that Franchione tanked the Auburn game in 2002 because he knew he was leaving for A&M. Now whether he bet on the game is another question.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I'm skeptical that games were rigged. If there was solid evidence major media outlets would be covering the story, not just Outkick. If any really good players with NFL potential were approached and offered $300K it would be foolish to take it, risk getting caught, banned from football and miss out on millions of dollars in the future. Now what I have seen on rare occasions is where it appears the coach has his team try and score a late TD to cover the spread and thus win the bet for the home fans.

Reactions: dtgreg

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
BTW, from my research and the little info available during his time with the Commodores, Hasan was never the starter for Vandy, threw 18 passes in a Vandy uniform , got hurt, then transferred to USCw , goof hurt. Played for 4 schools so far . Why would the mob target this guy? He owns his own podcast right now, hmmm.

Seems like a nice kid though, he is the founder and CEO of Second Spoon

-Second Spoon is a student-athlete run 501c3 registered non-profit organization that recycles nutritious surplus foods before distributing them to the those in need out of food trucks.-

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
BTW, from my research and the little info available during his time with the Commodores, Hasan was never the starter for Vandy, threw 18 passes in a Vandy uniform , got hurt, then transferred to USCw , goof hurt. Played for 4 schools so far . Why would the mob target this guy? He owns his own podcast right now, hmmm.

Seems like a nice kid though, he is the founder and CEO of Second Spoon

-Second Spoon is a student-athlete run 501c3 registered non-profit organization that recycles nutritious surplus foods before distributing them to the those in need out of food trucks.-
Ahh! This is why I never heard of him. As others have stated, why would they offer him $300k to fix a game, when he's not really in a position to do so? Just seems to.me he's trying to become relevant, so folks will tune in to his podcast. Not only am I not falling for it, I also don't believe any Bama players have stooped to game fixing for pay. Actually, I find it totally preposterous.

Reactions: BamaNation

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
So he basically is claiming Jalen Hurts, Tua, Mac or Bryce, took money and threw games…according to the mobster?

Of course the guy was a mobster so lying isn’t something he’d do and he was as pure as the driven snow as he tried to get someone to do something immoral.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
So he basically is claiming Jalen Hurts, Tua, Mac or Bryce, took money and threw games…according to the mobster?

Of course the guy was a mobster so lying isn’t something he’d do and he was as pure as the driven snow as he tried to get someone to do something immoral.
Either way, I would think the NFL would at least send out a cursory investigator to talk to this guy and also to talk to former Bama players.

Reactions: dtgreg

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Ahh! This is why I never heard of him. As others have stated, why would they offer him $300k to fix a game, when he's not really in a position to do so? Just seems to.me he's trying to become relevant, so folks will tune in to his podcast. Not only am I not falling for it, I also don't believe any Bama players have stooped to game fixing for pay. Actually, I find it totally preposterous.
What was he gonna do, send out the wrong play signal? 😆

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.