News Article: Former SEC QB claims mob offered him $300k to fix game, all SEC games are rigged. Bama players involved

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
The guy played in basically 1 game in college minus few scrub time games. Why would someone offer 300k to a quarterback that most likely wouldn’t play in a game in the first place? That like me asking my neighbor to help me get a date with Halie Berry. He doesn’t know her and can’t help her and this guy won’t play and help any either,

Reactions: dtgreg

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
Anyone watch the scar ten women’s game ? That defense on the last shot looked a little suspicious.
They left open a girl that never made a 3 in her career open for a shot that she has to bank in. No one is rigging a game and hoping some 6”7 girl banks in a three pointer at the buzzer.

Reactions: Con

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
300,000 to a 3rd string QB at Vandy to throw a game?????? I've been to comedy clubs many times over the years, but this is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Now do I believe that people have tried to fix games. Absolutely, whether they succeeded or not is the questions. I think it is more likely officials have been compromised especially after the Ucheat game in 2022.

Countrytider2

1st Team
Oct 25, 2021
We have pass interference, holding, and other subjective calls that are just open invitations for cheating. From watching the games, all around the country, I'd say we have a lot of games being impacted by cheating today, and it's mostly not the players. Coaches are making millions, players that can't even play are making huge bucks, and the guys 'officiating' the games are part time minimum wage guys. It's a system designed for failure.

Are some of the head-scratching coaching decisions we witness driven by external factors?

As the players just become paid mercenaries this will only get worse. Money is money, and when money is the only goal...
You’ll never convince me something wasn’t going on the last time we visited Knoxville.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
curious if he reported this contact at the time to his coach, AD, or similar authority... or the FBI ... or if he's just now throwing it out there?

No doubt because of the huge sums of money being thrown around even more money is influencing outcomes. And not just with the athletes. This could explain some of the unexplainable that we've talked about for so long on here.

My guess is they went to a Vandy QB b/c he could influence non-outcome bets (think completions, 1st downs, over/under, yards, etc.) w/o being so obvious... b/c ... Vandy.

But $300k/game? Seems like big bets on Vandy games would trigger the sports gambling watchdog like it did in the Alabama baseball case last year.
Agreed. Money corrupts; it’s naive to think it hasn’t already compromised CFB games, on potentially all levels.
Basketball players, baseball coaches…with NIL now they have to find players who ain’t pulling in six figures, or concentrate on officials who actually can have the greatest success.
Politicians, judges, religious leaders…crazy to think any sector is wholly immune.

Reactions: dtgreg

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
So the Italian mob approaches you about fixing games, and your first thought is to go on a radio show and tell the world about it? You went to Vanderbilt, so we all know you're not that stupid. 😆 Not buying it for a second.

Reactions: Tidelines

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
What was he gonna do, send out the wrong play signal? 😆
Agreed. While the “story” sounds plausible, this guy’s place in it is kinda doubtful; unless the mob guy mistook him for someone else (he says not), just doesn’t make sense unless he is involved in sending signals.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Agreed. Money corrupts; it’s naive to think it hasn’t already compromised CFB games, on potentially all levels.
Basketball players, baseball coaches…with NIL now they have to find players who ain’t pulling in six figures, or concentrate on officials who actually can have the greatest success.
Politicians, judges, religious leaders…crazy to think any sector is wholly immune.
Bohannon

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
The guy just likes to trash Alabama. He claims all the SEC games are fixed yet he somehow only mentions Bama players being involved. Of course he acts like he's morally better than Bama players because he didn't take the money.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.