BREAKING NCAA Capitulates... No more NIL investigations

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Ummm.. endowments don't work that way. Ivys & the like use this money for academic support, endowed chairs & professorships, & free tuition to anyone who is accepted having a family income <$100k. Totally separate from athletic funds.
And they get sued by whomever it is that gave the endowment if the money isn't used the way the endowment directs it to be used.

But if the Ivies started to care about sports, no one could outbid their boosters.

Last edited:

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
And they get sued by whomever it is that gave the endowment if the money isn't used the way the endowment directs it to be used.

But if the Ivies started to care about sports, no one could outbid their boosters.
They stopped caring about non-Olympic sports long ago. I'll stop now so they don't cancel me.

One ironic result of the Dartmouth hoops guys unionizing is that this may be the only way the colleges get control over the whole NIL situation.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Wetzel is such a tool - “the players are happy”. Really, you moron? Name me one 18 year old who would be “unhappy” making six figures a year.
He doesn’t get it. I know it’s not just us, fans are unhappy all over - and without us, that dipstick has one less topic to babble about.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Wetzel is such a tool - “the players are happy”. Really, you moron? Name me one 18 year old who would be “unhappy” making six figures a year.
He doesn’t get it. I know it’s not just us, fans are unhappy all over - and without us, that dipstick has one less topic to babble about.
And college football is on the verge of being an utter mess. He must still live with Mama and play Roblox in the basement on his youtube channel.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
And college football is an utter mess. He must still live with Mama and play Roblox in the basement on his youtube channel.
FIFY
It’s not really “college” football anymore; the money for players “salaries “ will have to come from outside the schools. Or tuition for non-athletes, who are attending primarily for an education, will skyrocket.
Yeah - it’s a mess now. Probably gonna get worse. I’m sure fans the world over are thrilled.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.