BREAKING NCAA Capitulates... No more NIL investigations

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
NCAA announces it is ceasing NIL investigations.
The NCAA just became the worlds largest event management group. Big decisions will now be made like who can bring the potato salad?

In a letter to member schools Friday, NCAA president Charlie Baker said the Division I board of directors directed enforcement staff "to pause and not begin investigations involving third-party participation in NIL-related activities."

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I’m done, it’s been a nice run. Someone message me when CFB has this under control. If Ever. Even greedy professional sports leagues realize competition drives the bus. With no salary cap, there will be no competitive leagues. Just a couple of really great teams.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
And just think, instead of offering a vision of the future, the NCAA - because of its fear of lawsuits over the last 15 years - has decided to give in to the anarchy. With the SEC & Big10 being the only rational actors in this mess, its no wonder they're grabbing the reigns, forging a rational path forward and saying get on board if you dare or get run over.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
And just think, instead of offering a vision of the future, the NCAA - because of its fear of lawsuits over the last 15 years - has decided to give in to the anarchy. With the SEC & Big10 being the only rational actors in this mess, its no wonder they're grabbing the reigns, forging a rational path forward and saying get on board if you dare or get run over.
YEP! They realize the Power 2 are about to file for the long developing divorce and anything they do will only magnify their ineptitude. Now all they can do is hope they get the vacation home (basketball tournament) in the aftermath.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
NCAA announces it is ceasing NIL investigations.
The NCAA just became the worlds largest event management group. Big decisions will now be made like who can bring the potato salad?

Wow!

So UT and VA lawyer up( like awbern did) and got the results that they wanted...:oops:

We should have lawyered upback in 1993.:cool:

To be fair, there really is NO solution to the whole NIL nightmare. Pandora's Box has been opened and there is no way to manage what has been unleashed.:confused:

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Wonder if the NCAA secretly wants to kill CFB since they don't get any $ from the CFP. It was their arrogant refusal to consider any sort of money-earning opportunities for players that led to the court system unleasing this mess.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Guardrails officially off!!!
Guard Rails Off, Wallets Open.
Now I look for teams to approach the better QBs, WRs, and make them an offer that will be considerably higher.
We are officially one step closer to being Minor League Teams for the NFL.
I also believe we are one step closer to withdrawing from the NCAA.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I think we are beyond the minor leagues for the NFL. Some of these guys are getting way more than minor league money.

Guard Rails Off, Wallets Open.
Now I look for teams to approach the better QBs, WRs, and make them an offer that will be considerably higher.
We are officially one step closer to being Minor League Teams for the NFL.
I also believe we are one step closer to withdrawing from the NCAA.

Reactions: twofbyc

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.