Spring Practice Thread/News/Predictions

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think he will be a big factor this year despite his age. Special talent.
It's possible. But there hasn't been a ton of guys who have reclassified and been major factors their freshman year. Granted, its more common now so that could change but so far most of those guys sit or play sparingly especially at the major programs. There may be a couple exceptions though, I think there is a guy at Ohio State who played a good bit last year on defense.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It's possible. But there hasn't been a ton of guys who have reclassified and been major factors their freshman year. Granted, its more common now so that could change but so far most of those guys sit or play sparingly especially at the major programs. There may be a couple exceptions though, I think there is a guy at Ohio State who played a good bit last year on defense.
I agree but Williams was Mr. Football in AL his soph and junior years and would have been his senior year. Nobody has ever won the award more than once. I don't typically give such high praise to freshmen but he seems different. We will see.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm not surprised Iowa didn't roll out the red carpet for Proctor. For one he had an up and down year (though I and everyone with a brain was high on him long term) but most importantly, It's Iowa, they don't care about football out there. It's not the red hot center of the universe like it is here, it's like Kim Kardashian had a kid with Elvis Pressley down here. It's March and I'm cruising message boards looking for any little tidbit of news on a sport that won't kick off till fall. In Iowa I don't know what they do in march, probably shovel snow. me? I'm prepping the pontoon boat for a lake day Saturday. Life is good in the south, but please for the love of God don't tell anyone.
"......don`t tell anyone ". Hate to break it to you but way too many already know!

Reactions: 9gks

Scobaman

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 25, 2010
As observers sitting on a hill away from the action, we can only guess at how these young players will perform. A few years ago, I was watching a Bama game when a true freshman caught a ball for what would have been a 1st down. But he looped to try to get away from the defender and was tackled short of the yard marker. I felt sure we would not see that player again in the game. To my surprise, the freshman made another catch a short time later. It seems that the coaches had seen something in Amari Cooper that I had missed from where I was sitting.

• Thank You
Reactions: Con and CrimSonami

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Williams has the speed and good hands, but also has great foot work. He is an intelligent and hard working young man. He had very good coaches in high school and played against some very good teams. Of course, there is a learning curve as a true freshmen, but he isn't your typical player even at his young age.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: CrimsonRuss

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
As observers sitting on a hill away from the action, we can only guess at how these young players will perform. A few years ago, I was watching a Bama game when a true freshman caught a ball for what would have been a 1st down. But he looped to try to get away from the defender and was tackled short of the yard marker. I felt sure we would not see that player again in the game. To my surprise, the freshman made another catch a short time later. It seems that the coaches had seen something in Amari Cooper that I had missed from where I was sitting.
Don't you have any binoculars so that you can give us some info from the scrimmage...?:unsure:;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.