Spring Practice Thread/News/Predictions

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
i fear there will be 15-20% of players transferring out. Many stayed initially as a promise to Saban to stay and give the new coaches a chance to prove themselves. Even though i think the new coaching staff has done a tremendous job, many players will not find a place in this new system. My guess is that we will lose 10-15 players and have to sign 10-15 new ones.
To your point:

• Sad
Reactions: some_al_fan

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Why would we take another WR? One of the deepest positions on the team. We have 3 highly touted freshman coming in the summer.
Don't know about the 3 frosh.
Without Hale, the competition in the WR room includes Germie Bernard, Kendrick Law, Kobe Prentice, Emmanuel Henderson, Jaren Hamilton, and Cole Adams. We'll also likely see freshman, Ryan Williams, and freshman hybrid TE/WR Caleb Odem in limited action. It's hard to tell what Coach will do with Williams and Odem. If Williams is the real deal we heard about, he may make the rotation sooner than later. Hopefully Hale recovers in time to play some. But the other WRs have looked good in practice, from what I hear. Cole Adams is one to watch, and might surprise people. Kobe Prentice has looked good, according to what I hear. He didn't play much last year, but looked good when he did. Henderson also looking good.

Last edited:

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
Without Hale, the competition in the WR room includes Germie Bernard, Kendrick Law, Kobe Prentice, Emmanuel Henderson, Jaren Hamilton, and Cole Adams. We'll also likely see freshman, Ryan Williams, and freshman hybrid TE/WR Caleb Odem in limited action. It's hard to tell what Coach will do with Williams and Odem. If Williams is the real deal we heard about, he may make the rotation sooner than later. Hopefully Hale recovers in time to play some. But the other WRs have looked good in practice, from what I hear. Cole Adams is one to watch, and might surprise people. Kobe Prentice has looked good, according to what I hear. He didn't play much last year, but looked good when he did. Henderson also looking good.
I would be really surprised if Williams did not get lots of playing.

some_al_fan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 14, 2024
Without Hale, the competition in the WR room includes Germie Bernard, Kendrick Law, Kobe Prentice, Emmanuel Henderson, Jaren Hamilton, and Cole Adams. We'll also likely see freshman, Ryan Williams, and freshman hybrid TE/WR Caleb Odem in limited action. I
There are 3 more WRs - 2024 commits: Scott, Jefferson, and Hampton.
Of course, freshman WRs typically don’t play much, but you never know.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I would be really surprised if Williams did not get lots of playing.
If he doesn`t, I`ll be more than pleasantly surprised if he doesn`t hit the portal. There`ll be people all over him if he`s not on the field his first year. Even if he is, somebody will take a pass at trying to buy him. JMO.
Ryan Williams is going to be 17 for his entire first season. He should not be expected to be a significant factor year 1 and I doubt he transfers.

some_al_fan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 14, 2024
Ryan Williams is going to be 17 for his entire first season. He should not be expected to be a significant factor year 1 and I doubt he transfers.
I’d expect Williams to become PR by the second part of the season.
Not sure how much he would be able to contribute on offense due to missing Spring camp.

Rollingtide

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 13, 2023
^^^^ This. I fully expect Pritchett and Proctor to be our starting tackles with Pritchett most likely the RT. Pritchett was a 5* coming out of HS so the kid has talent. Somebody projecting his draft status in rounds 5-7 is incredibly premature at this point in his career.
I am not so sure Pritchett will switch to RT. From what I have heard it's not easy technique-wise to go from LT to RT or vice versa plus EP has been working at LT all Spring.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
That seems to be what most people in the media and on social media think. According to them we got one of the top 3-5 Qbs in the country returning for his second year starting. Going strictly off last year tho I’m not seeing it.
This scrimmage is where everyone not named JM has a chance (first chance) to make it a QB battle. There’ll be another chance in the fall, but the time for them to move is now.
IMO, if the QB battle isn’t visibly close, either TS or DL hits the portal in April. I don’t think Mack goes anywhere.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
This scrimmage is where everyone not named JM has a chance (first chance) to make it a QB battle. There’ll be another chance in the fall, but the time for them to move is now.
IMO, if the QB battle isn’t visibly close, either TS or DL hits the portal in April. I don’t think Mack goes anywhere.
Is it just me or would TS not be highly sought after in the ACC, ND or even in the SEC where A QB has left for the NFL draft? I am not close enough to have insight into the teams who are set a QB or who needs a quality athelete at the position.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.