Link: 2024 5 Star QB Julian Sayin Commits to Alabama

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Roll Tide, Julian!

Interesting to see that BOB was the lead recruiter on Sayin.
No matter what fans and media think of BoB, he’s got the experience and the resume to capture and hold the attention of young athletes who have a strong desire (and the “potential) to play on Sunday. He’s obviously doing a decent job on the recruiting trail.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
No matter what fans and media think of BoB, he’s got the experience and the resume to capture and hold the attention of young athletes who have a strong desire (and the “potential) to play on Sunday. He’s obviously doing a decent job on the recruiting trail.
It won't matter if BOB is here and he probably won't be to coach Sayin, but BOB can assure him CNS will make sure we'll have a quality OC.

HUGE, HUGE pickup considering the competition!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
From knowledgeable and proven posters on other threads, it would appear that BOB was up front with Sayin that there’s a good chance he (BOB) wouldn’t be around for Sayin’s time in Tuscaloosa.

Kudos for BOB. A statement like that in the recruiting process is tantamount to saying, “Son, the odds are I’ll be somewhere else.”

So I’m not sayin’ it’s a 100% bet that Sayin sticks.

He’s from California, and it’s over a year until the early signing date for his class. That’s a long way, and in today’s world of recruiting, an eternity of time. So I’n not sayin’ it’s 100% that Sayin signs in December of 2023.

I sincerely hope he does. But if we lose him, it won’t be because BOB is no longer in Tuscaloosa.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
From knowledgeable and proven posters on other threads, it would appear that BOB was up front with Sayin that there’s a good chance he (BOB) wouldn’t be around for Sayin’s time in Tuscaloosa.

Kudos for BOB. A statement like that in the recruiting process is tantamount to saying, “Son, the odds are I’ll be somewhere else.”

He’s from California, and it’s over a year until the early signing date for his class. That’s a long way, and in today’s world of recruiting, an eternity of time. So I’n not sayin’ it’s 100% that Sayin signs in December of 2023.

I sincerely hope he does. But if we lose him, it won’t be because BOB is no longer in Tuscaloosa.
1667446817096.png

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

BOB might have been a lead recruiter, but Sayin committed to the Bama program lead by CNS.

He committed to a program whose last 3 starters are all 1st team QBs in the NFL and a 4th one is probably coming up next year.

I'm not Sayin Sayin's Sayin he's a lock, but I think BOB has little to do with it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
BOB might have been a lead recruiter, but Sayin committed to the Bama program lead by CNS.

He committed to a program whose last 3 starters are all 1st team QBs in the NFL and a 4th one is probably coming up next year.

I'm not Sayin Sayin's Sayin he's a lock, but I think BOB has little to do with it.
The next OC will have a lot to do with it. He wants to run an NFL offense. Can't bring in a no name guy to replace BoB.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The next OC will have a lot to do with it. He wants to run an NFL offense. Can't bring in a no name guy to replace BoB.
BOB was a "name" and we see what that got us the last couple of years. What I'm saying is Sayin committed to the CNS process. I think CNS's tract record of hiring is strong and I think Sayin trusts the next OC up will be good for him.

If, for some reason, CNS strikes out on the next OC, I'll be worried about a lot more than keeping a QB commit that can't play until 2024.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Interestingly enough, what is an "NFL Offense" nowadays? LOL! I've watched offenses like the Bills, Dolphins, Chiefs, 49er's, Ravens, etc. and they look more "college like" than our offense. The NFL has incorporated a lot of college concepts to help their younger players adapt quicker to the NFL.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Interestingly enough, what is an "NFL Offense" nowadays? LOL! I've watched offenses like the Bills, Dolphins, Chiefs, 49er's, Ravens, etc. and they look more "college like" than our offense. The NFL has incorporated a lot of college concepts to help their younger players adapt quicker in the NFL.
And what a thing of beauty is it to watch Tua and the Fins march it up and down the field!

Give me simple, fast and productive any day over Bob and 2nd and 8.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Didn’t the kid shut his recruiting down? Maybe I misread the article. He could always reopen it I guess…

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Didn’t the kid shut his recruiting down? Maybe I misread the article. He could always reopen it I guess…
I think the post and discussion above is just born out of the reality BOB will be gone (hopefully after this season) and it's still another year before he could sign. Lot's could happen in a year to change a kid's mind.

But as of now. He seems solid!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I meant to say bring in OC from NFL that knows NFL offense... But this time, someone who can translate the NFL offense to College game. Look at what we have for next 4 years:

‘20 - Bryce Young (2)
‘21 - Jalen Milroe (90)
‘22 - Ty Simpson (25)
‘23 - Eli Holstein (73)
-Commit ‘23 - Dylan Lonergan (83)
- Commit ‘24 - Julian Sayin (14) - Commit

That's one heck of the room.
Next year: Milroe/Simpson battles it out.
2 years from now: Simpson/Holestein/Lonergan/Sayin.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.