Link: 2024 5 Star QB Julian Sayin Commits to Alabama

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Here is a good visitors article for the Iron Bowl.

Doh. Wrong thread.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Julian Sayin dominated in San Diego last weekend and then again this weekend. This kid appears to be an incredible talent. I read in another article he is very actively recruiting for the '24 class so this next class is going to be incredible.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Julian Sayin dominated in San Diego last weekend and then again this weekend. This kid appears to be an incredible talent. I read in another article he is very actively recruiting for the '24 class so this next class is going to be incredible.

Sayin earned the Alpha Dog Honors as the best prospect this past weekend.
Stud, plain and simple!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Sayin sounds like the kind of player Tua and Bryce were reported to be at this stage of their development. It's rare for a player to dominate in these types of settings and then be a bust.

Kid may just come in a start as a freshman, especially if the QB situation this year ends up being a "manager" situation this year.

I'm still rooting for Ty Simpson to hit his stride and maybe he could be a solid QB for two years and then Saying takes over in his second year in the program.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
I have been saying for anyone that will listen that he might end up being the best QB recruit we have had in the Saban era. I think that if Simpson does not win the job this year, Sayin is the starter next year. If Milroe wins the job, I think he only plays this year.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Looked at the ratings…he got a 49…best of the day…but they gave Raiola Top Dog or whatever…there were a number of players rated ahead of Raiola too.
I love the georgia fans in the comment section on twitter.. "No he didn't...He struggled with This and That" Like you win Back to back national titles you got yourself a fantastic Qb and you're massively insecure because of qb competition that doesn't really mean anything.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I love the georgia fans in the comment section on twitter.. "No he didn't...He struggled with This and That" Like you win Back to back national titles you got yourself a fantastic Qb and you're massively insecure because of qb competition that doesn't really mean anything.
They are a little butt sore since their QB commit and current #1 QB got beat out by Sayin for the MVP of the Elite 11. I have a feeling there is going to be a new #1.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
In all seriousness, uga fans should really be concerned about getting " elite" QBs on their campus. The recent history of having great QB commits has shown that it hasn't made a difference in winning a championship. Furthermore, they had quite a few of their blue chipper transferred out due to various reasons. On the other hand, they won B2B titles with a walk-on who physically didn't even pass the eye test.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They are a little butt sore since their QB commit and current #1 QB got beat out by Sayin for the MVP of the Elite 11. I have a feeling there is going to be a new #1.
It is really hard to tell who will or will not make the jump from elite HS QB to elite college QB. Both of these guys has an elite arm. Raiola has more arm strength. Sayin processes the field a lot faster and has more touch. Neither is a great runner, but both can run. Both have good size. Really can't go wrong with either guy.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It is really hard to tell who will or will not make the jump from elite HS QB to elite college QB. Both of these guys has an elite arm. Raiola has more arm strength. Sayin processes the field a lot faster and has more touch. Neither is a great runner, but both can run. Both have good size. Really can't go wrong with either guy.
Agreed. What little I have seen from Sayin in these camp videos and his highlight video he throws the ball from different arm angles with success similar to Mahomes which is something you don't often see from kids Julian's age.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Article today on Sayin from Rivals. He is just going to be special.

Julian Sayin, Alabama

NATL
ST
POS
JULIAN
SAYIN

VERBAL COMMIT
11/2/2022
ALABAMA
6'1" | 195 LBS | PRO QB | 2024
CARLSBAD
CARLSBAD, CA

Julian Sayin

Julian Sayin and Bryce Young are different in many ways but they also share some similar traits with the main one being smarter than nearly anyone else on the field along with a quiet competitive drive that’s off the charts. Sayin didn’t come to the Elite 11 to lose - so he made sure he won it. He could’ve gone back to beautiful Carlsbad, Calif., and hung ten but instead drove to Golden West College for the OT7 Nationals and was one of the best players at the whole event. He’s someone coach Nick Sabanwill trust with the program’s keys early on and Sayin has the smarts and the talent to run the offense incredibly well.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Not knocking the Georgia guy. But I find arm strength to be overrated measurement. Yeah you want to stretch the defense but you can do that by scheming guys open. You don’t have to have a cannon for an arm.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Not knocking the Georgia guy. But I find arm strength to be overrated measurement. Yeah you want to stretch the defense but you can do that by scheming guys open. You don’t have to have a cannon for an arm.
Alabama seems to have a "type" at QB recently and I think Sayin matches that type perfectly. I have a really good feeling about him from what I've seen and read.

Raiola might be good too but I'm not worried about him being better in college than Sayin. Not a prediction but Raiola could easily be the better pro prospect while Sayin is the more productive college player. Either way though I'm excited for Sayin and glad he is the QB we have coming in.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.