TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Here is a good interview with Julian's trainer. We are getting an all-around QB who loves football.

I can't wait for him to enroll in January. He is going to be a good one. The only issue is that 1-2 QB currently on the roster will end up transferring.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
From knowledgeable and proven posters on other threads, it would appear that BOB was up front with Sayin that there’s a good chance he (BOB) wouldn’t be around for Sayin’s time in Tuscaloosa.

Kudos for BOB. A statement like that in the recruiting process is tantamount to saying, “Son, the odds are I’ll be somewhere else.”

So I’m not sayin’ it’s a 100% bet that Sayin sticks.

He’s from California, and it’s over a year until the early signing date for his class. That’s a long way, and in today’s world of recruiting, an eternity of time. So I’n not sayin’ it’s 100% that Sayin signs in December of 2023.

I sincerely hope he does. But if we lose him, it won’t be because BOB is no longer in Tuscaloosa.
How does this kid’s skill set compare to BY or Tua? Is he an athlete that will challenge for playing time next season?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
How does this kid’s skill set compare to BY or Tua? Is he an athlete that will challenge for playing time next season?
I'll let the experts chime in, but he's of the same caliber of a recruit as they were. Doesn't mean he'll materialize like them, but I think it'll be fun watching.

As for your question of PT next year, based on what we are hearing about this year's QB struggles, I think it looks favorable.

Reactions: Windsortide

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
I'll let the experts chime in, but he's of the same caliber of a recruit as they were. Doesn't mean he'll materialize like them, but I think it'll be fun watching.

As for your question of PT next year, based on what we are hearing about this year's QB struggles, I think it looks favorable.
Thank you for the report. He looks smallish like BY.

Mjme34

Sep 24, 2019
Julian led his team to a week 1 victory. It said he completed 70% of his passes in the 29-7 win. Here is the highlights. FYI, he plays on ESPN Friday night against Mater Dei and Zabien Brown at 9:00CST.

unfortunately he does not play against Zabien Browns Mater Dei. He plays against Mater Dei Catholic. I thought thing you thought.

• Thank You
Reactions: TiderJack

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Julian led his team to a week 1 victory. It said he completed 70% of his passes in the 29-7 win. Here is the highlights. FYI, he plays on ESPN Friday night against Mater Dei and Zabien Brown at 9:00CST.

His throwing motion reminds me so much of BY. It's compact and quick.

It may be the quickest release of any QB we've seen at Bama, plus he hits guys in the hands. Deadly combination!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
His throwing motion reminds me so much of BY. It's compact and quick.

It may be the quickest release of any QB we've seen at Bama, plus he hits guys in the hands. Deadly combination!
Agreed and his QB coach said he has learned to throw at multiple angles really well like Bryce.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Sayin looked really good against Mater Dei Catholic. I know it's HS competition, but he looked more polished as a passer than any of our current guys except maybe Lonergan. Accurate passer, throwing an extremely catchable ball.

Good wheels, too. Not sure how that'd translate in the SEC, but he's not a statue back there.

Looked like the real deal to my untrained eye.

Expect at least two, maybe three, QBs transferring out before the spring.

Reactions: Con and CoolBreeze

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Sayin looked really good against Mater Dei Catholic. I know it's HS competition, but he looked more polished as a passer than any of our current guys except maybe Lonergan. Accurate passer, throwing an extremely catchable ball.

Good wheels, too. Not sure how that'd translate in the SEC, but he's not a statue back there.

Looked like the real deal to my untrained eye.

Expect at least two, maybe three, QBs transferring out before the spring.
he looked almost like an exact replica of Bryce.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.