Link: 2024 5 Star QB Julian Sayin Commits to Alabama

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
When I watched some of his HS tapes (Jr. year) I said he reminded me of BY too. His throwing motion is so compact and quick. That bodes well for the next two levels!

Watching the game from last night and so far what I like the most is He makes the simple play look really easy. On one of his first plays he had two guys wide open and he threw it to the closer player. I think CNS will like that about him. Make the easy, simple, surer pass.

Also, really impressed with Sayin's measurables. Already 6' 2" and 200 lbs (which might be a little bit of a stretch). But even if he doesn't grow any taller, he can support a lot more weight.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not to get away from us salivating about Sayin, but I couldn't help but notice that Calsbad had a wide receiver (#16) who made a circus catch from Sayin.

The commentators on the broadcast said he had transferred to Carlsbad from Galveston, TX. They said he had NOT dropped a ball in practice OR a game!

Kid is 6'4" and 185 lbs.

Maybe Sayin ought to bring him along! That's a little tongue and cheek, but a kid that big that doesn't drop balls is a really good target!

The pass from Sayin to Cianfrini is in these highlights at the 7:00 mark.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Sayin is getting a ton of experience playing at a pretty high level in Cali. He's taken his team to the state championship game the last two years.

I'm not sure how Mater Dei Catholic compares in talent, but they looked much more imposing than Carlsbad, but CBAD tore thru them like tornado thru a trailer park.

This is Sayin's 3rd year as starter and he's playing in some high level games. Those games aren't equal to SEC play. Far from it. Put when he arrives in Dec. at T-town, he'll be about as battle tested as possible at this level.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Reactions: Tidelines

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Sayin is getting a ton of experience playing at a pretty high level in Cali. He's taken his team to the state championship game the last two years.

I'm not sure how Mater Dei Catholic compares in talent, but they looked much more imposing than Carlsbad, but CBAD tore thru them like tornado thru a trailer park.

This is Sayin's 3rd year as starter and he's playing in some high level games. Those games aren't equal to SEC play. Far from it. Put when he arrives in Dec. at T-town, he'll be about as battle tested as possible at this level.
Not even close to college and especially SEC defensive backs.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Let's hope our o-line doesn't scare him away.
He's 100 percent committed and not wavering, from what I have read.. I do wish we would get some O line guys from the portal who have starting experience over the off season. Sure would help. I think he's trying to recruit a few o-line guys too. We need at least 1-2 players with experience to transfer to Bama for a better O line next season. By then, Proctor should be better too.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Article on whether or not Sayin will start next year. John Garcia's angle is that Bama goes the transfer route for 1 season and Sayin starts his sophomore year.

The "best case scenario" is for JM to improve and have an Anthony Richardson type year and move on to the NFL.

Of course, he could exceed all expectations at this point and return next year and allow Sayin to mature during year 1. But that seems less likely to happen given JM's weaknesses.

"Worse case" is JM comes back, generally unimproved, but the team wants him more than young Sayin or DL.

But, when you get compared to BY in how you prepare, and how you see the field that is some high cotton and if these things are true it's going to be hard to keep him off the field.

I just don't know about entertaining a QB transfer. I guess if you get the right one; an instant plug and play like Sam Hartman, it would work. Only time will tell.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
The "best case scenario" is for JM to improve and have an Anthony Richardson type year and move on to the NFL.

Of course, he could exceed all expectations at this point and return next year and allow Sayin to mature during year 1. But that seems less likely to happen given JM's weaknesses.

"Worse case" is JM comes back, generally unimproved, but the team wants him more than young Sayin or DL.

But, when you get compared to BY in how you prepare, and how you see the field that is some high cotton and if these things are true it's going to be hard to keep him off the field.

I just don't know about entertaining a QB transfer. I guess if you get the right one; an instant plug and play like Sam Hartman, it would work. Only time will tell.
Worst case scenario would be to have to play Sayin as a freshman. No disrespect to Sayin, but playing a TF QB is not a recipe for success.

Reactions: Tidelines and Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.