2024 WR Perry Thompson commits to Bama

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I will never understand coming on to a rival site just to "stir things up"? I guess I am just a mature adult with better things to do than ro to a rivals website.

I also will never understand why a guy that has never played a college down is this big of a deal. If he does end up signing at auburn, so what? Yella fella just paid him more than we did. It is legal now.
See, thats the thing.................maturity makes a person refrain from such things..............

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
No question Freeze is a great offensive mind. I think the jury's still out on his ability as a head coach. His entire rep is built on beating us twice in a row. The first win, in Oxford, I tip my hat. They were just better that day.

The second win, the one in Tuscaloosa, was a miracle. They got five turnovers, at least two of which were fumbled kickoff returns that set them up inside our 30. They got a 2013 Auburn-Georgia type bounced ball off a DB's helmet that ended in a TD. And they got another TD of 70-80 yards or so with the OL that threw the crucial block at least 10 yards downfield. If they don't get every one of those seven breaks, they in all likelihood lose and the Rev's rep isn't what it is now.

Also since then, rules have changed a bit to give the D at least some help against basketball on grass. Freeze might be able to adapt, especially on offense. Whether he can (1) consistently lead a whole team, and (2) keep his sex life on the rails, is yet to be determined.

Offensive coaching ability aside, I do think he's a bad human being -- questionable conduct with girls at Briarcrest Christian high school, documented sexual issues at Ole Miss, then lying about it, hypocritically invoking God and the Bible at every turn. That kind of behavior doesn't usually stop, and almost always leads to a downfall. Sometimes Karma takes a while getting even, but she eventually does.
This, a billion times. To be fair, those mistakes are how you lose games. It takes seven in a game to beat a much more talented team but kids, that's how you lose. Shame it takes something like that to get players to listen to their coaches.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
This is who everybody is so worked up about?! Give me a break. The 8th best receiver? Rivals has him as the 13th best. Something tells me Bama will come up with better receiver commits and be o.k.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This is who everybody is so worked up about?! Give me a break. The 8th best receiver? Rivals has him as the 13th best. Something tells me Bama will come up with better receiver commits and be o.k.

He's a talented kid and we now probably aren't going to sign either of the 2 instate 5 star receivers. And the staff definitely wanted him. I don't think its ridiculous to be disappointed.

That said we have 2 top 4 WRs of the 2025 class already committed very solidly and sounds like both are recruiting for us. We will be more than fine.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
He's a talented kid and we now probably aren't going to sign either of the 2 instate 5 star receivers. And the staff definitely wanted him. I don't think its ridiculous to be disappointed.

That said we have 2 top 4 WRs of the 2025 class already committed very solidly and sounds like both are recruiting for us. We will be more than fine.
Exactly, i think its ok to be disappointed, But I have seen some bama fans on other boards losing their minds about this. Friend of mine saw a reddit post (and showed it to me) actually saying that it was time for Nick Saban to go. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thats right guys time, the greatest coach in college football history needs to leave because of two football players that haven't played a single down in college football. (blue font).

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I fully expect Freeze, with the open check book backed by Yella Fella et al, to throw every kitchen sink in sight to try and flip Ryan Williams. Probably already underway.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I fully expect Freeze, with the open check book backed by Yella Fella et al, to throw every kitchen sink in sight to try and flip Ryan Williams. Probably already underway.
Probably going to try. But from everything I've read it sounds like he's really solidly Alabama.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I said before I have heard rumors that Williams or FFrench might reclassify. (Just rumors). That happens and if we get 4* WR Amari Jefferson. It would change the perception of the 2024 receiving class.
Yea I've seen those rumors around Williams at least. But it also sounds like Ffrench and Williams are becoming pretty close friends. Regardless I don't think the 2024 WR class is a major worry.

Though getting Amari Jefferson has become a bigger deal with the loss of Perry

Reactions: jjv0004

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Exactly, i think its ok to be disappointed, But I have seen some bama fans on other boards losing their minds about this. Friend of mine saw a reddit post (and showed it to me) actually saying that it was time for Nick Saban to go. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thats right guys time, the greatest coach in college football history needs to leave because of two football players that haven't played a single down in college football. (blue font).
That dude was most likely a poser... :rolleyes:

• Thank You
Reactions: Tidelines

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

That sounds ,ike a barner posing as an Alabama fan. I just do not understand that at all.

Reactions: Tidelines

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Read above PT's parents/family are big Bama fans.

If I'm the barners (scary thought) I'd be sweating this one until ink hit paper. Could end up being a lot like the kid from Cullman who announced for Auburn, but changed his mind later for Bama (and that happened on signing day if I recall).

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Perry is a really good prospect. Hate we lost him. No sense down grading a kid because he isn’t Bama bound. Riddick wasn’t ours to lose,so not really a loss in my book.

99ALUM

3rd Team
Sep 11, 2006
Pell City, AL
Read above PT's parents/family are big Bama fans.

If I'm the barners (scary thought) I'd be sweating this one until ink hit paper. Could end up being a lot like the kid from Cullman who announced for Auburn, but changed his mind later for Bama (and that happened on signing day if I recall).
This kind of sounds like the Kouandjio situation of a few years ago, when ‘towel waver’ Trooper Doppler Looper got hold of him, and we all know how that one turned out. His fam was all Bama too.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
This kind of sounds like the Kouandjio situation of a few years ago, when ‘towel waver’ Trooper Doppler Looper got hold of him, and we all know how that one turned out. His fam was all Bama too.
Yeah, that was more of a blackmail situation.:rolleyes:

Hmmm, I wonder if they are still using that method down there? :unsure:

Reactions: Tidetwin

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I saw a Tweet last night that I believe was a quote of PT's that gave his "reason" for the flip.

It was basically a statement he made about CNS being really good at getting defensive backs in the league, but that Freeze was good at getting receivers in the league.

I kid you not...that's what he supposedly said. This looks like the case of a recruit NOT knowing his facts and possibly getting hoodwinked by another program with some negative recruiting and downright lies.

To suggest Freeze gets receivers into the league and that CNS doesn't is a denial of facts and reality! I mean, we know that it's not even close to Freeze being better or even close to being successful in the amount of receivers they both have got to the league. CNS leads by a mile!!!

Again, I say CNS will not quit recruiting this kid and the first time he talks to him he needs to set the record straight, big time!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.