2024 WR Perry Thompson commits to Bama

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I saw a Tweet last night that I believe was a quote of PT's that gave his "reason" for the flip.

It was basically a statement he made about CNS being really good at getting defensive backs in the league, but that Freeze was good at getting receivers in the league.

I kid you not...that's what he supposedly said. This looks like the case of a recruit NOT knowing his facts and possibly getting hoodwinked by another program with some negative recruiting and downright lies.

To suggest Freeze gets receivers into the league and that CNS doesn't is a denial of facts and reality! I mean, we know that it's not even close to Freeze being better or even close to being successful in the amount of receivers they both have got to the league. CNS leads by a mile!!!

Again, I say CNS will not quit recruiting this kid and the first time he talks to him he needs to set the record straight, big time!!!
Saw that too. We had the first wide receiver Heisman trophy winner in 30 years. If you love auburn just say you love auburn geez. lol

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
10 years as a active FBS division 1 coach. 2 seasons with a 1000-yard receiver. Does anyone ever bring up how Hugh went 5-7 in year 5 at ole miss. OR how he went 8-5 and 8-4 his last two seasons at liberty???? I feel like he can be dangerous in a given year, but he hasn't been consistently good anywhere he has been.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I saw a Tweet last night that I believe was a quote of PT's that gave his "reason" for the flip.

It was basically a statement he made about CNS being really good at getting defensive backs in the league, but that Freeze was good at getting receivers in the league.

I kid you not...that's what he supposedly said. This looks like the case of a recruit NOT knowing his facts and possibly getting hoodwinked by another program with some negative recruiting and downright lies.

To suggest Freeze gets receivers into the league and that CNS doesn't is a denial of facts and reality! I mean, we know that it's not even close to Freeze being better or even close to being successful in the amount of receivers they both have got to the league. CNS leads by a mile!!!

Again, I say CNS will not quit recruiting this kid and the first time he talks to him he needs to set the record straight, big time!!!
I saw him say it on the news this morning at the "Media Days" event for the high schools. Sounded like a made up thing from a coach trying to get him to come to Auburn.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I saw him say it on the news this morning at the "Media Days" event for the high schools. Sounded like a made up thing from a coach trying to get him to come to Auburn.
Thats even worse if that's true. That means he did next to no research on the actual coach he is playing for concerning the position he plays. My lord we are all walking around with computers in our pocket.

Reactions: Con

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Thats even worse if that's true. That means he did next to no research on the actual coach he is playing for concerning the position he plays. My lord we are all walking around with computers in our pocket.
That was the point of the Tweet from last night. Someone posted the statement made by PT and said he should have verified what he was apparently being told because it's simply not true!

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I wonder if some of our "struggles" and I use that word very loosely in recruiting for the 2024 class has to do with changing our coordinators. Don't get me wrong it absolutely had to happen. But it might be a contributing factor because it seems like we are killing it in 2025 and missing on some guys in the 2024 class (Just a theory).

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Well..... I mean.. you have to be smart to attend college.....

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wonder if some of our "struggles" and I use that word very loosely in recruiting for the 2024 class has to do with changing our coordinators. Don't get me wrong it absolutely had to happen. But it might be a contributing factor because it seems like we are killing it in 2025 and missing on some guys in the 2024 class (Just a theory).
Who said we're missing on some guys.... :)

Fans are saying that, not the staff. There's 1a, 1aa, 1b, 1bb in order of how they view prospect. I would be willing to bet we'll flip few players from other school. It's august. Have faith. Long way to go.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I think I’ve settled on the notion that he had to have a better reason than, “Auburn’s NIL package was sweeter, and earlier,” because that just makes him look bad.

Reactions: Windsortide

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Who said we're missing on some guys.... :)

Fans are saying that, not the staff. There's 1a, 1aa, 1b, 1bb in order of how they view prospect. I would be willing to bet we'll flip few players from other school. It's august. Have faith. Long way to go.
I absolutely agree with you. "Struggle" may not have been the best choice of words. It was just kind of a theory. I have seen so many videos the last few weeks with headlines like why insert "georgia", "Lsu", "South Carolina," "Auburn," "Florida" "Tennessee" are about to dominate because of recent commits. It makes me roll my eyes. That can't be all true at the same time...I feel like everyone is a "4-5 star" or a "can't miss" prospect that's going to change the trajectory of college football now. Gmac said it best "a 4 or 5 star today doesn't mean the same thing as it did 10-15 years ago because all these sites are trying to get subscriptions."

I kid you not Aaaron Murray and T-Bob were discussing why Hugh Freeze was going to win a national title before Alabama was because of the Perry flip.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.