2024 WR Perry Thompson commits to Bama

CB72

3rd Team
Dec 14, 2022
Lewis Smith Lake
Lookie here you barnyard playboys lurking this site, you'll always be the Poly Tech d@@shnozzles from Lee County with a severe inferiority complex. It's actually engrained into your culture. Bama is, and always will be, your arch nemesis and your daddy... With each added new generation of barnt@rd this valuable lesson must be taught.
Roll Tide forever.

Reactions: Bama197

CB72

3rd Team
Dec 14, 2022
Lewis Smith Lake
Sits in your crawl doesn't it?

Have fun living with it.

We could all live 100 more years and Auburn Poly Tech Institute University would still not eclipse what The University of Alabama has on the gridiron. Hell most NFL franchises aren't as great.

CB72

3rd Team
Dec 14, 2022
Lewis Smith Lake
Hey too bad you don't have a Sports Illustrated library of POLY TECH national championships.

Lol 🤣

I have a library of Sports Illustrated National Championships won by The University of Alabama.

Why dont you have a collection?

Cause AUBURN SUX.

That's why.

And always will.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
This may be a dumb question, and I don't know all the NIL rules for each university, but do players have to give the NIL money back if they decide to go to another school or if they transfer after a year, etc? I assume whatever a player is offered is divided up for 4 years or 3 years.. just curious.

If a school like Texas AM or Auburn, for example, pays players to come to their cookout and then pays them for signing with them, but then the player transfers after a year, I just assume he gets to keep all that money and then make more money from another team (like Caleb Williams)?

From what I have read in comments over the months, it seems like Alabama and UGA are doing things the right way with NIL. I'm curious about those details compared to teams not doing it the right way (which is probably kept hush hush unless rumors get out).

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You know what would be so funny???

If PT takes the barn's NIL money and runs back to Bama right before signing day!!!

Not saying it'll happen, but I betcha CNS doesn't stop recruiting him.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The sample size for Freeze is small but extremely strong. DK Meltcalf and AJ Brown are two of the best receivers in football right now. Treadwell probably would be too if not for a horrific injury setback in college (suffered in a game against Auburn no less). Evan Engram is up there too.

How soon can he get a QB to feed these guys he’s reeling in the ball is the big question.
In the process of making a " business decision" one would think Thompson would have taken your last statement into greater consideration than he obviously did. We already have ours coming in in Sayin. Unless Freeze is buying him too. OR maybe it`s just the AU fambly OR Preacherman convinced him the barn`s a better place for his soul.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
It's buying players, pure and simple. Thing is, as a practical matter, that's no longer illegal.

I would have thought that NIL would hurt Freeze more than others. He was buying players at Ole Miss, but it was illegal then. Now, everybody can do it openly, and he no longer has that advantage.

All college teams have boosters, some more generous than others. Here, we may be watching a new entrant into the small group of college teams that effectively have not just big boosters, but owners.

It started with Phil Knight at Oregon and Boone Pickens at Oklahoma State. Then it spread to Jimmy Haslam at UTe. We may be seeing Jimmy Rane take on that role at the barn.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
In the process of making a " business decision" one would think Thompson would have taken your last statement into greater consideration than he obviously did. We already have ours coming in in Sayin. Unless Freeze is buying him too. OR maybe it`s just the AU fambly OR Preacherman convinced him the barn`s a better place for his soul.
Well he did a lot of this with Bro Wallace and Swag Kelly at QB, and he developed the ever loving crap out of Malik Willis at Liberty.

Freeze has many problems but I don't think the offensive side if the ball will be one for long.

Reactions: Bama197

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
The sample size for Freeze is small but extremely strong. DK Meltcalf and AJ Brown are two of the best receivers in football right now. Treadwell probably would be too if not for a horrific injury setback in college (suffered in a game against Auburn no less). Evan Engram is up there too.

How soon can he get a QB to feed these guys he’s reeling in the ball is the big question.
It sure didn't take you long to change your tune and embrace/defend Sleaze... 🙄

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
It sure didn't take you long to change your tune and embrace/defend Sleaze... 🙄
Take a look at the Right Reverend’s record at Ole Miss with all that NFL talent. 39-25. He’ll be fired by auburn, but it will probably be due to an off the field issue. At least this time they won’t have to make up the story.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sanjosecrimson

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'm unsurprised, to be honest. Freeze knows how to recruit and he knows how to coach.

I'm still hoping he flames out, but I get the feeling he's going to have some success.
No question Freeze is a great offensive mind. I think the jury's still out on his ability as a head coach. His entire rep is built on beating us twice in a row. The first win, in Oxford, I tip my hat. They were just better that day.

The second win, the one in Tuscaloosa, was a miracle. They got five turnovers, at least two of which were fumbled kickoff returns that set them up inside our 30. They got a 2013 Auburn-Georgia type bounced ball off a DB's helmet that ended in a TD. And they got another TD of 70-80 yards or so with the OL that threw the crucial block at least 10 yards downfield. If they don't get every one of those seven breaks, they in all likelihood lose and the Rev's rep isn't what it is now.

Also since then, rules have changed a bit to give the D at least some help against basketball on grass. Freeze might be able to adapt, especially on offense. Whether he can (1) consistently lead a whole team, and (2) keep his sex life on the rails, is yet to be determined.

Offensive coaching ability aside, I do think he's a bad human being -- questionable conduct with girls at Briarcrest Christian high school, documented sexual issues at Ole Miss, then lying about it, hypocritically invoking God and the Bible at every turn. That kind of behavior doesn't usually stop, and almost always leads to a downfall. Sometimes Karma takes a while getting even, but she eventually does.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Did PT say it was a “business “ decision?
Not about being the best player and best person he can be?
If so, he went to the right school and he gets nothing from me; if injuries and bad luck should befall him, I’ll just say it’s karma.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I'm unsurprised, to be honest. Freeze knows how to recruit and he knows how to coach.

I'm still hoping he flames out, but I get the feeling he's going to have some success.
I hear you...sometimes the "scoundrels" win...but in the long run they tend to sow the seeds of their downfall. Given his record of "sexual impropriety" I am amazed that AU hired him...time will tell if he's really learned/changed...if he fails @ coaching he will probably relapse...and if he succeeds he is in greater danger of relapse as he will think himself untouchable. Sexual addiction is like any other addiction -- incredibly difficult to over come.

Reactions: Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.