Link: 2025 Recruiting Targets

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Yep, it is a philosophy change from what CNS was recruiting. He could be a TE or WR.
I don't know if it is a philosophy change. Saban signed a few tall receivers recently, and recruited others. But the ones we got could not compete on the field with the smaller guys, and he could not sign the ones who could compete.

Reactions: tideindc

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't know if it is a philosophy change. Saban signed a few tall receivers recently, and recruited others. But the ones we got could not compete on the field with the smaller guys, and he could not sign the ones who could compete.
I think it is definitely a philosophy change. I can only recall a few taller than 6' 1" in the past decade and none really contributed much (Brooks, Agiye Hall, Holden). Saban went after guys that could run and separate as opposed to tall guys that would go up for 50/50 balls. We had accurate QB's who could hit guys in stride instead of QB's who threw it up for grabs.

The only great WR we have had over 6' 1" was Julio Jones and we have had a bunch of great WR's during the Saban era.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
I think it is definitely a philosophy change. I can only recall a few taller than 6' 1" in the past decade and none really contributed much (Brooks, Agiye Hall, Holden). Saban went after guys that could run and separate as opposed to tall guys that would go up for 50/50 balls. We had accurate QB's who could hit guys in stride instead of QB's who threw it up for grabs.

The only great WR we have had over 6' 1" was Julio Jones and we have had a bunch of great WR's during the Saban era.
Like I said, the taller ones that we did get could not compete on the field with the likes of Jeudy, Ridley, Smith, Waddle, Cooper, etc. and could not fly like those could. First of all, the assumption that Saban could get any receiver he wanted is false. Also there are not as many really tall receivers out there who are super fast and can make the hard cuts like those smaller guys can (we seem to end up facing all of them who can though). But go back and look at it. Saban signed other taller receivers who were highly regarded over the years and some did play a lot and made some critical catches but were not superstars like Julio. Saban also recruited Justin Ross, Tarik Black, Nico Collins, George Pickins, Bryan Thomas,....to name just a few, but could not get those guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: tideindc

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Like I said, the taller ones that we did get could not compete on the field with the likes of Jeudy, Ridley, Smith, Waddle, Cooper, etc. and could not fly like those could. First of all, the assumption that Saban could get any receiver he wanted is false. Also there are not as many really tall receivers out there who are super fast and can make the hard cuts like those smaller guys can (we seem to end up facing all of them who can though). But go back and look at it. Saban signed other taller receivers who were highly regarded over the years and some did play a lot and made some critical catches but were not superstars like Julio. Saban also recruited Justin Ross, Tarik Black, Nico Collins, George Pickins, Bryan Thomas,....to name just a few, but could not get those guys.
We did miss on a few taller elite guys you mentioned throughout the years but when the WR room is made up of 8-9 that are 6' 1" or less and 1-2 that are over 6' 1" is an indicator that CNS preferred the shorter/quicker/faster WR IMO.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We just two CB's for LB Luke Metz from GA. I can tell you he will end up being a 4*. He is all over the place and physical in his highlight video.

Last edited:

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
We just two CB's for LB Luke Metz from GA. I can tell you he will end up being a 4*. He is all over the place and physical in his highlight video.

Seen him on a YouTube channel the other night and the host said I want ask you where you're going at the end as the video was going off he put on the Bama hat!!!!

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Alabama’s 2025 recruiting class, which was once ranked No. 2 in the country before Saban retired, has been built back up over the last few weeks.
Six commits since March 2 for CKD puts the class at No. 6 after falling into the 30’s following several decommitments soon after Saban’s announcement. Coach DeBoer is working on it. I don't know if he'll get it back up to No. 2, but he's Making big strides in that direction.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Alabama’s 2025 recruiting class, which was once ranked No. 2 in the country before Saban retired, has been built back up over the last few weeks.
Six commits since March 2 for CKD puts the class at No. 6 after falling into the 30’s following several decommitments soon after Saban’s announcement. Coach DeBoer is working on it. I don't know if he'll get it back up to No. 2, but he's Making big strides in that direction.
If he can pull a top 10 class in his first year......only problem is that may only be good for 3rd or 4th in the SEC! In particular, LSU`s collective ( or whatever the hell they call it over there ) must be assuring Kelly that he has a lot more than gumbo to sell!

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
If he can pull a top 10 class in his first year......only problem is that may only be good for 3rd or 4th in the SEC! In particular, LSU`s collective ( or whatever the hell they call it over there ) must be assuring Kelly that he has a lot more than gumbo to sell!
Transfer Portal can make for a great equalizer when it comes to that. Also, we are still only in March.

Reactions: The Ols

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Good thing DeBoer will be the best x's and o's coach in the SEC.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I think so also...but let's not get the cart ahead of the horse. Kiffin, Sark and Uthug's coach aren't bad.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think so also...but let's not get the cart ahead of the horse. Kiffin, Sark and Uthug's coach aren't bad.
I don`t see how anyone can argue with the proposition that the SEC is now several times more difficult now than ever before. I`ll be stunned if the conference doesn`t put at least 3 teams in the playoffs each year. And certainly if the playoffs keep expending, maybe with as many as 3 losses. SOS for SEC teams should be absurd.

Reactions: Tidelines

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Offered. Any of you know about this kid? 6'6 edge rusher.

Watch two plays of his film. Oh yeah, he's a take if we can get him. Alot of big schools are after him. Might move inside eventually with his size. From Kentucky, so he will probably sign with one of the big boys.

Also check out the film on a DB we have offered, Marcus Wimberly, from Arkansas. Heck of a hitter. Looks like Tommy Wilcox clone.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.