BREAKING Bama 2025 commit DL Antonio Coleman Flips to auburn

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Can anyone clarify how Saban handles NIL? I’ve read it’s a bit more conservative than other schools but was hoping to get more specifics.
Several posters have explained it, but make no mistake, auburn isn't about NIL. It's basically paying them hard cash to come play for them. Plain and simple and these kids want to get paid upfront for their services.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Alabama will not lose in recruiting to Auburn while Saban is there. You will lose with some players, but that has always happened.

Want to flip this around, beat them by 40 next year in Tuscaloosa.
Absolutely Big! Btw, Bama will have a full year to swing him back or we move on to a better prospect.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I`d bet everything I own that the current " landscape " of college football makes Hugh Freeze feel as though he has died and gone to heaven.
Unless there's middle school girls he can force to change clothes in front of him probably not.

But he's got a team with no big money experienced players and an NIL budget to spend all on freshman. So that helps.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I mentioned before Freeze with all the money at his disposal will go after the best talent in the state and especially a loaded in state class for the 25' class. This one is far from over, 2 years away to be exact, but this going to be war moving forward!!
It is really just 1 year away... he would sign a year from now in Dec. 2024 and enroll for the 2025 season I think. Hopefully he eventually chooses Bama. I read that KJ Lacey will probably not stick to his Texas commitment and Freeze is after him. Same for Ryan Williams... Freeze will try to get the top targets.

Some kids and parents only care about the money up front, not all, but some. They don't care as much about the atmosphere, culture, development, relationships, etc. Maybe some players will take the NIL money and go to Auburn and then transfer a year or two later to get more money, etc. I think they can transfer more than once now.

Not sure how far Coach Saban is willing to go to keep Ryan Williams, if indeed he tries to flip. Hopefully Ryan and his family will do the right thing and stick with BAMA.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
It is really just 1 year away... he would sign a year from now in Dec. 2024 and enroll for the 2025 season I think. Hopefully he eventually chooses Bama. I read that KJ Lacey will probably not stick to his Texas commitment and Freeze is after him. Same for Ryan Williams... Freeze will try to get the top targets.

Some kids and parents only care about the money up front, not all, but some. They don't care as much about the atmosphere, culture, development, relationships, etc. Maybe some players will take the NIL money and go to Auburn and then transfer a year or two later to get more money, etc. I think they can transfer more than once now.

Not sure how far Coach Saban is willing to go to keep Ryan Williams, if indeed he tries to flip. Hopefully Ryan and his family will do the right thing and stick with BAMA.
You're right about one year to change his mind, I seem to forget that 23' is closing out. Everything you said about auburn recuiting, NIL, and the CFB landscape is on the money, pun intended.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I would think the current NIL rules (or lack thereof) work against Freeze. He’s always paid players. Now everybody can do it. So it’s no longer an advantage.

Doesn’t mean he’s not still a scumbag of a human being. Just that the advantage he once had is no longer there. Or at least not nearly to the degree that it once was.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Can Freeze buy a roster? Yes, just like Jimbo did last year at A$M. But can he build a team? Time will tell.

Glad we have CNS and yes.

BTW, did the barn buy the QB from the portal yet?

Reactions: SkullDuckery

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This is just gross…legit. I feel like I need a shower.
More and more.....just a bunch of hired hands. Money talks, particularly to families and kids who`ve never had any. I`ve always felt that the gutter that the college game is becoming ( already is? ) may well be the tipping point for CNS. Problem will be if it ever devolves to the point in which you have to get in that gutter with the Freezes of the world in order to survive.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
This flip is valuable to Freeze in the short for PR and perception. "See, we can out recruit the Tide!". I'm sure toilet paper sales surged last night in Lee County. And as SJC pointed out, obviously Coleman has a pretty good teammate or two.

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.