Washington transfer TE Josh Cuevas commits to Bama

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
This one's a bit confusing to me - even with the portal losses, we still had a pretty full TE room already, especially if Odom is as game ready as we've heard. Seems there are positions of need greater than TE, like CB and OL still....

Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This one's a bit confusing to me - even with the portal losses, we still had a pretty full TE room already, especially if Odom is as game ready as we've heard. Seems there are positions of need greater than TE, like CB and OL still....
I agree. He did not play enough for experience to be a factor, though he has time in the offense. I guess that we have to wait and see.

Reactions: rjtide

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Well, in three-TE sets, this may be about right the right number to have... :unsure:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Well, in three-TE sets, this may be about right the right number to have... :unsure:
While that set was certainly part of what UW did, it was a really, really small part from what I saw - like just a few times a game and not in all games, and UW would sometimes line a WR in tight like an H type TE so it looked like a 13 by alignment but was a 12 by personnel type. In theory TE #1 and #2 are Dipree and Outz. Lewis and Lockwood are right behind, then with Odom and Iindsay. Guess we'll see though.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I agree. He did not play enough for experience to be a factor, though he has time in the offense. I guess that we have to wait and see.
With Odom to WR. We needed at TE. Just like we needed a big body at WR and Odom does that.

He had 4 receptions but played all 15 games. He seems to be a good blocker.
That wouldn't shock me at all.

Roster still has him as a TE
View attachment 40953

Still would see him as a flex guy, so we'd look like a 13 alignment with a 12 grouping and him or even lockwood as the extra guy in the box.

His move to WR gets him on the field quickly and helps us with a position of need and he can still move back to TE if he wants in 25.

Last edited:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
With Odom to WR. We needed at TE. Just like we needed a big body at WR and Odom does that.

He had 4 receptions but played all 15 games. Translation is h

His move to WR gets him on the field quickly and helps us with a position of need and he can still move back to TE if he wants in 25.
Even with Odom maybe/likely moving, we still have 5 guys at a position where a large majority of the time, the offense uses 1, and sometimes uses 2 and very, very rarely uses 3. Still seems like the higher priority should be CB and OL

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Even with Odom maybe/likely moving, we still have 5 guys at a position where a large majority of the time, the offense uses 1, and sometimes uses 2 and very, very rarely uses 3. Still seems like the higher priority should be CB and OL
I am not sure that I see anyone in the portal in those positions that could play at Alabama.

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.