Washington transfer TE Josh Cuevas commits to Bama

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I get the different roles TEs had in how our old offense was. Keep in mind that in the old world though, niblack and Outz were at the same spot with completely different builds, skillsets and ways coaches tried to use them. I'm just not sure it's really that way going forward. From what I watched of UW, there was only a small smattering of 2 TE looks, and when they did it, both the guys were more TE and less H
I don’t think CKD will run a pure Air Raid like he did at Washington. He saw how his team was manhandled vs Michigan. He has to know the SEC will be more like Michigan and less like the PAC12. Plus, you can’t ignore the overwhelming talent at running back. I think we will see more 12 personnel than he ran at Washington.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I don’t think CKD will run a pure Air Raid like he did at Washington. He saw how his team was manhandled vs Michigan. He has to know the SEC will be more like Michigan and less like the PAC12. Plus, you can’t ignore the overwhelming talent at running back. I think we will see more 12 personnel than he ran at Washington.
He didn't run a pure air raid at UW as that would be zero TEs and he used at least one TE quite a bit and did use 12 some as well, just not extensively. He'll almost certainly use a TE here, but even in the old bama system we used 3wrs and 11 personnel a majority of the time. The other side of the sword to going to 12 if you are getting manhandled, is that now the other team can match your personnel by taking out a coverage DB and either putting in a run support DB, or even an LB, so you don't really gain an advantage unless you think your TE2 is going to be a mismatch either way. In 11 it's easier to pull another defender out of the box, or the other team has to play pure man with no safety support and that almost never happens.

Reactions: Tidelines

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.