Jalen Milroe is now the starter going forward.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
I just caught the first part of the replay of Mac and Cube program on JOX.
McElroy (basically) alluded to what most here have speculated. There was a reason Milroe didn’t see the field Saturday. He wasn’t going to. Period.
-“remember the pats on the back “congratulations” you see on the field is not necessarily the same attitude you have in the locker room.
- McElroy said “this team can still be “good”, but they better get it together soon.
- Saban should be “ripping off heads” based on the things he is hearing about attitudes.

There are some serious “it’s about me, not about we” issues going on down there.
My question is, why is Nick Saban starting a guy who was supposedly suspended for having a bad attitude about being benched? It just doesn't seem like a very Nick Saban thing to do

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I’ll admit I’m pretty ticked off about this.

But I’d also say I’m being realistic and not overreacting.

These guys on Offense are mentally weak and clique-y as hell.

Jalen can not read a defense. He just can’t.

This unit as a whole is not good enough to navigate an SEC schedule with a 1 dimensional 1 read turnover prone athlete at QB.

Especially when the OC is hellbent on making him read Defenses from the shotgun with 3-4 WRs and long developing routes.

I can’t believe this is an Alabama team under CNS.

What planet am I on??

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Saban is done. He's playing a QB that got suspended last week.. and catering to the team instead of playing the best guy.

Saban is the GOAT. But its time he rides off into the sunset
He's playing a quarterback who will do a great job! You're second guessing the GOAT! LOL Did you put your application in for head coach yet? 😉

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
STILL - do you not remember the lean years?? The 80’s were pretty rough. We won a championship in ‘92 and then the wheels came off completely.
I don’t think we’ll go through the trials and tribulations we went through replacing Coach Bryant, but I wouldn’t be shocked if we went through that crap again either!
Who wants to follow a legend? The GOAT?
After a year like this, which looks chaotic, you’d be ok with Saban leaving the program in a shape like that?? Seriously??
Bama after Bryant, Penn State after Paterno, FSU after Bowden, Florida after Spurrier, USC after Pete, Nebraska after Osbourne, OU after Switzer. There is a trend.

Reactions: RollTide2U

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Maybe rolling Milroe out, having him read one receiver, and, if its not there, take off running. Milroe is so dang fast, they might work.
That would require someone putting a little thought into things and coming up with something that might work under the circumstances. I haven’t seen any evidence of anything like that on offense since January of 2021.

Reactions: GboyBama

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I looked at some NCAA stats and Milroe was 20th - 25th in QB rating. Not Tua level, but it's not like he's the bottom of the barrel. If I see us line up with 4 or 5 WRs, I will cringe though.

Sark runs some max protection 2 WR route. Not sure why we can't do that (besides the fact Sark isn't at Bama)
That's exactly what we did when JM threw the second INT against UTw. We had 2 TEs, the RB and 5 OL in protection with 1 WR on each side of the field. perfect pocket and all the time in the world

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
My question is, why is Nick Saban starting a guy who was supposedly suspended for having a bad attitude about being benched? It just doesn't seem like a very Nick Saban thing to do.
Unless he quickly realized his behavior was bad and apologized. I don't know if that's what happened but it does seem a bit unusual that a guy that supposedly was upset about not getting all the reps does a complete 180 and in just a few days is excited and congratulating a replacement.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I’ll admit I’m pretty ticked off about this.

But I’d also say I’m being realistic and not overreacting.

These guys on Offense are mentally weak and clique-y as hell.

Jalen can not read a defense. He just can’t.

This unit as a whole is not good enough to navigate an SEC schedule with a 1 dimensional 1 read turnover prone athlete at QB.

Especially when the OC is hellbent on making him read Defenses from the shotgun with 3-4 WRs and long developing routes.

I can’t believe this is an Alabama team under CNS.

What planet am I on??
everything here is true except for the long developing routes thing. Rees called a lot of things that had quick options. A few times the snap sucked and messed up the timing. Many times, the read was there and JM didn't even attempt the throw. He just doesn't have, or trust that he has, the timing to hit those routes. The last INT was on a timing route and he was WAY late. On time and there's a good chance that's a completed pass...

I think that's why it seems it's mostly long balls. that's really JM's best/only passing tool. If we were truly playing joyless murderball in the run game well enough to draw more of the D into the box, that might work. Right now, defenses are going to show a loaded box to try to force passing, but have plans to bail out fast. Corners also likely playing a step deeper to not give up the deep pass.

Net, if we don't start truly running the ball very, very effectively, there isn't much the OC can do from a playcalling standpoint to mitigate our weaknesses.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads