Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread, Bama vs. UGA...

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
I’m not sure about CKDs history with RBs but I’m wondering if we will even see a 15-20 carry, 100yd performance from either one this year. I gotta think we will, but it looks like Jam and Justice will have to fight for carries
Dillon Johnson had 233 carries last year at Washington, so it feels like Milroe is just getting them all. Maybe it was just the gameplan for this game. IDK, I just don't want to see either of them transfer

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Glad we won, but why are we centering our entire offense around Milroe, to the point of that the backs are hardly getting any carries? It would've been nice to feed Jam and Justice a whole lot more. That's one of my few complaints at this point. The media keeps trying to say they held our backs to however many yards it was, but it was really because we didn't feed them.
I wonder if this is due to RPO reads? Maybe just go ahead and call a handoff rather than a read by the QB. I'd be feeding those RBs a lot more - especially when we have a big lead. Ground it out and eat time off the clock.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Nothing to do with on the field performance but Saturday night when Georgia was coming on fast, and my stress level was through the roof. It was so nice to have Herbie calling the game. Listening to Gary Danielson would have pushed me over the edge.

I was thinking during the gamethat I don’t miss him AT ALL!

we had a missed call against us (block in the back) that I saw and Fowler on the replay mentioned it ONCE and moved on. Gary would have backed up the tape 15 times from every angle, analyzed it while 3 more plays happened and would had the press box analyst to call the SEC office to try and overturn the play.

Reactions: Jay Hughes

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Granted, I get we didn't have the same amount of possessions as the first half, but the possessions we did have we didn't do much of anything to adjust to their adjustments. The only thing I can conclude is they felt like if they just played it safe UGA would run out of time.
They peaked too soon and left time on the clock.

Then "2:26" happened

• Emphasis!
Reactions: Jay Hughes

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Something that gives me some consolation when reflecting on the 2nd half of the game, is the fact that everything changes in approach from the perspectives of both teams when a team is behind 30-7. We knew that GA was in a position that was going to force them to go 4 downs for the duration of the game from a point in the 2nd quarter. That is somewhat of an advantage for the offense likened to having the ability to go last in overtime. You know if you need a TD or if you can kick a field goal. The team that is leading tends to go conservative on offense and defense. Also, when trying to milk the clock, offenses tend to stall because of a lack of rhythm. Bama seems to be an offense that operates more efficiently with some rhythm.

This is just something that I was thinking about. If you look at GA's 3rd down percentage, it was horrible. Given the circumstances of the game, I think Bama played one heck of a game. I do think that we could have benefited from some different decisions from the coaching staff.

I am not disappointed in the performance of the players or the coaches. I do believe there is a lot that can be and was learned from this game and I do believe we will see it come to fruition going forward. I love our coaching staff, our players, and our fans! So, RTR!!!

Beat Vandy!!!!!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I wonder if this is due to RPO reads? Maybe just go ahead and call a handoff rather than a read by the QB. I'd be feeding those RBs a lot more - especially when we have a big lead. Ground it out and eat time off the clock.
I'm wondering if the plan was just for Jalen to keep the ball all the time. There were two jet sweeps that I would have loved to see what happened if Jalen gave the ball. Everyone was following Jalen, so I think those two plays could have been huge. But, ifs and skiffs etc, Jalen kept the ball and ran into the whole Georgia defense.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
What do y'all think CKD is thinking (about the Alabama job) after the UGA game? I can only imagine his thoughts about the talent he is working with. LOL!
I hope he's also blown away by how LOUD Saban Field at BDS can be for such a big game.

There is no way a Washington crowd was ever even close to being that Raucous!!

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
I'm wondering if the plan was just for Jalen to keep the ball all the time. There were two jet sweeps that I would have loved to see what happened if Jalen gave the ball. Everyone was following Jalen, so I think those two plays could have been huge. But, ifs and skiffs etc, Jalen kept the ball and ran into the whole Georgia defense.
I am with you on that. I would have loved to see what they could have done in those situations with the ball in their hands. But I will say, Jalen definitely was on another level this game. I even heard NFL analysts talking about how he put himself in a position to be the #1 pick in the draft if he continues on the same trajectory this season. He was AWESOME!

Reactions: Krymsonman

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
One of the things that impressed me the most was our young DB's and how they competed in the game. Brown came up with the pick that we badly needed. As many have said, I think we have very strong assistant coaches and I don't think we've had that in a few years. RTR
I felt they held up well under fire. They will be better for this experience.

Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky
I’m not sure about CKDs history with RBs but I’m wondering if we will even see a 15-20 carry, 100yd performance from either one this year. I gotta think we will, but it looks like Jam and Justice will have to fight for carries
This is what Sheridan said today:
On balancing the running backs' contribution with Milroe's running ability: "I thought some of the issues with the running game was more we didn't block or communicate as well as we could have." Said it was down to the fundamentals up front rather than the running backs getting a feel for the game.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads