Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread, Bama vs. UGA...

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
there is a nice history of bama true freshman wr's embarrassing georgia's experienced d-backs
Yes there is! Yet another reason I’m thankful I ❤BAMA!! Gotta agree with Pate, it happens so much it should involve hobbits! Even heard that our “17 year old was asked if he’d thought he be better than Julio, and he said YES”… I LOVE me some JULIO but I gotta agree at this point! 🤯 RTR!!!

Reactions: 92tide

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The upgrade in coaching staff from the past few years to this year is really showing. I don't see CKD having the same issues with getting good staff because he's wired a lot different than Saban. Saban's age started coming into play but working for him was also a component that hurt us with quality younger coaches. The younger generations (40's and under) simply do not function well under the "old school" approach.

GboyBama

2nd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
There has been a lot of talk about running the football with Jam and Justice and while I sure do root for those guys, it's possible that against the stronger teams, we're just not going to be able to impose our will that way. With apologies to those guys, they were stuffed or failed to make the line to gain too many times for their number to get called often when Saturday's game was on the line.

I don't blame them. They're probably the best 1-2 punch at the position we've had in years. For whatever reason though, it's been quite a while since we've been a team that can move the sticks, on multiple series in a row, by simply pounding the rock.

The current situation, as I see it, is that we're far more explosive with the ball in the hands of Bernard, Law, Milroe or Williams. That could change, but for now, it seems the right call to me to use the running backs situationally and just enough to keep the opposing defense honest.

So, yeah. Throw me into the briar patch of everything going through Milroe. I will not be sweating number of touches for individual players and coaches should not do that either. In the immortal words of Herm Edwards, "HELLO? YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME." :LOL:

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads