2024 Presidential Election VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i was specifically referring to the use of the bs issue of non-citizens voting to get folks clutching their pearls about us being overrun by immigrant hordes who are going to vote for the statist democrats
they've been talking about the great Christian white man being "replaced" since the replacers were my Irish and Italian ancestors being the ones who would be doing the replacement. Evil papists, lol

edit: this may well be the worst sentence I've ever written

Last edited:
Reactions: Go Bama and 92tide

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
i was specifically referring to the use of the bs issue of non-citizens voting to get folks clutching their pearls about us being overrun by immigrant hordes who are going to vote for the statist democrats
He's not getting people to clutch pearls. He's saying it's a hole in the system that should be closed, but yall are too busy trying to put words into his mouth about what you think he's saying that you can't hear what he is actually saying.

Reactions: CrimsonJazz

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
He's not getting people to clutch pearls. He's saying it's a hole in the system that should be closed, but yall are too busy trying to put words into his mouth about what you think he's saying that you can't hear what he is actually saying.
i know what he is saying. the same things have been being said as a boogey man by republicans for a long time.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
i know what he is saying. the same things have been being said as a boogey man by republicans for a long time.
They have, but I think the difference is the why he is saying close the opening. I have little doubt this issue has been intended as a weapon in the past. Surely you can see that is not what he, or several of us for that matter, intends.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
My post (#457) was response to a number of post over that last few pages that are trying to claim there is some wave of non citizens voting, even to the point of not believing the evidence that says otherwise. The fact is, whether you chose to believe it or not, the US voting system is the safest and most secure in the world. There has never been anywhere near enough voter fraud to change the outcome of an election.

When taken to the extreme to claim any Democrat win is illegitimate then yes, I think it is because of Trump and the lies he’s been spewing about elections since 2015. He’s already started up that web of lies in case Harris wins. In his mind, he never loses, the other side cheats and his MAGA nuts believe it.

I’m not completely against the idea of requiring proof of citizenship when registering, I just don’t feel it is needed to fix some massive voter fraud issue. It also would need to be 100% free and both parties should be allowed to help people register.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Starting at least two months before the 2020 election, Trump started saying, "I've looked at the polling numbers, and as long as they don't cheat, I'll win." He repeated it over and over and over. "If it's an honest election, no way do I lose."

Then when he did lose, he continued to claim rampant voter fraud.

Then he riled up a mob and set them on the Capitol.

Now he's starting the same schtick up again.

Trust me, we pay very close attention to what Trump says.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Since you're all-in, please go ahead and explain how we know that everyone who is registered is a legal US citizen without any requirement of proof. There must be some process I'm blissfully unaware of, so TIA for explaining the mechanism by which we know all voters are legal.

Bonus points if you can explain why virtually every other liberal democracy requires identification at least register.
I hope we get rid of voter ID voting and someone says they are 92tide and vote for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads