Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread - Bama v. WKU...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I thought that the offense looked more in sync with Simpson but it Milroe may need a more time to adjust to the new system. I was impressed with the defense much more than I expected.
full disclosure, obviously a barner.

I think if Bama ends up in situations where you’re counting on Jalen’s arm to bail you out of jams, things get really tenuous.

I like him. Great athlete, big arm, but the flaws from last year are still apparent.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
full disclosure, obviously a barner.

I think if Bama ends up in situations where you’re counting on Jalen’s arm to bail you out of jams, things get really tenuous.

I like him. Great athlete, big arm, but the flaws from last year are still apparent.
I only saw one play like that. Jalen was 7 of 9 for 200 yards. 3 touchdowns, no ints. Ran for 79 on 10 carries.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I only saw one play like that. Jalen was 7 of 9 for 200 yards. 3 touchdowns, no ints. Ran for 79 on 10 carries.
I still don’t see him making reads and I still see a tendency to fall back on his (admittedly amazing) athleticism.

IMO, If Bama can keep on the front foot all year he’ll cruise and put up monster stats. If Bama ever finds themselves on the back foot, I don’t trust him to progress his reads like, for example, Penix.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I still don’t see him making reads and I still see a tendency to fall back on his (admittedly amazing) athleticism.

IMO, If Bama can keep on the front foot all year he’ll cruise and put up monster stats. If Bama ever finds themselves on the back foot, I don’t trust him to progress his reads like, for example, Penix.
He had two bad plays, and they were really bad. The sack and recovered fumble on the first drive and the fumbled away snap. Beyond that it was hard to grade his performance because we would have two play drives because of big plays he was primarily responsible for or the backs broke free. The 2nd TD to Williams he did a nice job of stepping up in the pocket. The TD throw to Miller he scrambled and found his safety valve. Therefore, I can’t really complain that he didn’t have a long sustained drive when we averaged 3 play TD drives.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Nine SEC teams scored 50+. With one game Sunday night with LSU.

Ole Miss - 76
Auburn - 73
Arkansas - 70
Tennessee - 69
Alabama - 63
Miss St - 56
Texas - 52
Mizzou - 51
Oklahoma - 51
Of those teams, only Bama ,OU ,Texas and Mizzou played FBS schools. Of those, only Bama played a group of 5 team expected to compete for their conference championship.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
He had two bad plays, and they were really bad. The sack and recovered fumble on the first drive and the fumbled away snap. Beyond that it was hard to grade his performance because we would have two play drives because of big plays he was primarily responsible for or the backs broke free. The 2nd TD to Williams he did a nice job of stepping up in the pocket. The TD throw to Miller he scrambled and found his safety valve. Therefore, I can’t really complain that he didn’t have a long sustained drive when we averaged 3 play TD drives.
They had the one sustained drive to start the third qtr. second half offense was much more what I expected. Well except the one series that was 3 and out.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

He was. DeBoer even mentioned his read on one of Ryan's long touchdowns. You could see Jalen's eyes? How do you know what he reads? He reads fine. One sack was definitely an improvement. And it came early when 2 linemen lost their helmets on the same play and had to sit out next play. It was that next play Jalen was sacked. That was the only time. I noticed Ty got intercepted. But a penalty saved him.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads