Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread - Bama @ Vandy...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Looking back at the post Bryant era, Perkins inherited a Bryant team that had gone 8-4 in 1982. Given that Bryant's health was deteriorating quickly, 8-4 was probably the ceiling for that 1982 team. Perkins' first season in 1983 was a transitional year and he matched the record from 1982. A few bounces go our way, and maybe 83 is a little better.

But 1984 is where we just knew that things were different at Bama. And the loss to Vanderbilt was the point where it was realized. I have accepted that the 2020 national championship may very well be the last one in my lifetime. And if it is, then it is. I witnessed two golden eras in Bama football history. So, I obviously can't complain. I just hope like crazy that we aren't headed into another time of only having a coach for 3-4 seasons at most before we are looking for another one.
Remember that Les Miles, a man who ate grass, won a NC with CNS players in 2007. It was a little iffy with 2 losses but they were the BCSNC.

I don't think we should dismiss CKD just yet! JMHO.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
it was not a good pass. It wasn't an absolutely horrible pass, but it was not a good pass.
But you must admit the result (possible 14 points swing) was not equal to how poor you feel the pass was.

It was just a freaky play that every upset team needs to pull a huge upset. That play along is the difference in the game, but 99.9% of the time that pass, if incomplete, falls harmlessly to the ground.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Looking back at the post Bryant era, Perkins inherited a Bryant team that had gone 8-4 in 1982. Given that Bryant's health was deteriorating quickly, 8-4 was probably the ceiling for that 1982 team. Perkins' first season in 1983 was a transitional year and he matched the record from 1982. A few bounces go our way, and maybe 83 is a little better.

But 1984 is where we just knew that things were different at Bama. And the loss to Vanderbilt was the point where it was realized. I have accepted that the 2020 national championship may very well be the last one in my lifetime. And if it is, then it is. I witnessed two golden eras in Bama football history. So, I obviously can't complain. I just hope like crazy that we aren't headed into another time of only having a coach for 3-4 seasons at most before we are looking for another one.
Yep - losing to Vandy is, and should be a career shortener.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
But you must admit the result (possible 14 points swing) was not equal to how poor you feel the pass was.

It was just a freaky play that every upset team needs to pull a huge upset. That play along is the difference in the game, but 99.9% of the time that pass, if incomplete, falls harmlessly to the ground.
I actually think that against around 40% of the team we play, that pass is picked off clean because it was late and allowed the DB to come back. Against the top say 1/2 to 2/3rds of the SEC the CB picks those.

Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky
I actually think that against around 40% of the team we play, that pass is picked off clean because it was late and allowed the DB to come back. Against the top say 1/2 to 2/3rds of the SEC the CB picks those.
It hit the receiver in the Facemask area and was batted up. How can that be a "clean" INT?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Anybody see the interview with Finebaum? He said there's only one person to blame for this loss....NICK SABAN! GIMME A BREAK!
It was a joke because They played Nick Saban’s words before and after the game on the video board at the stadium. And Nick said Vandy was the only easy place to play in the SEC beacause the stadium is not loud , so not hard for visiting teams. That’s the truth and if Vandy fans don’t like it , they need to start selling out their stadium and get loud.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Even if Bama miraculously wins a National Championship this year I will not get the taste of this game out of my mouth. Whether it was the players not taking the game seriously or the coaches for not having the right game plan…this was an EPIC FAIL for which there is NO EXCUSE.
This team is not winning a national championship. If I am wrong, I will have the moderators change my screen name to IwaswrongRTR.

• Haha
Reactions: Slowpoke Catracho

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Then why the heck is Kirby still employed at Jawja???

View attachment 46109
I do not think losing to Vandy all by itself is an offense worthy of termination.
If an AD is sitting undecided as to whether to terminate a coach or not, losing to Vandy as a 23 point favorite is not going to be in the "retain him" category.

I'll say this. Exchange the UGA score for the Vandy score (i.e. Bama loses to UGA 35-40 but beats Vandy 41-34), nobody is talking about CKD's retainability at Alabama. (People would be saying "UGA has a good team," "Not happy about losing, but not the end of the world," etc. etc.)

Getting physically and emotionally dominated by Vandy has expended a lot of the good will Coack DeBoer built up over the last few weeks. I hope Coach DeBoer has someone in his life that can explain to him just how bad losing to Vandy that way looked. Maybe that is Coach Saban.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads