Good News Thread

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I anticipate a lot of potential commitments will be wanting to see what Alabam "looks like" and "will look like" under CKD before committing, even though the commitment isn't worth anything with regards to binding.
Honest question…Do you (collectively) think that would be after A-Day or until we actually hit the field next fall?

Reactions: Coach25

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Honest question…Do you (collectively) think that would be after A-Day or until we actually hit the field next fall?
Great question. I guess it would depend on the individual recruit. Maybe a recruit watches A-Day and sees enough for him to pull the trigger on the commitment. Then there may be some who want to see more than just an intrasquad scrimmage before committing.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
I’d say depends on how the e team looks at Aday, if we look lost and see lots of areas that need improvement recruits will prolly wait until they see more in the fall. If we come out on Aday and put on a show and everything is clicking and we look like world beaters I would bet we would have some commit on Aday or right after Aday.

I think it will also depend on the position, if we use the tight ends heavily in Aday and your a TE wanting to commit and you see that DeBoeris going to really use them in the offensive game plans, you are more likely to see a commitment.

If you are a RB that is more of a runner than a pass catcher out of the backfield and we struggle running the ball or don’t use the rb as much in his style and use the rbs more as throwing to out of the backfield in the game plan I think they will hold off and possibly look elsewhere like a Wisconsin type running offense or at least wait until the fall before committing to us.

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
I thought I saw that we had two commitments for 2025. I don't keep up with recruiting a lot, but I happened to be looking at 247 yesterday and saw RB Anthony Rogers and ATH Myles Johnson. Are those not accurate? I thought it was odd that we only had two.
Yes those two commits were from summer and fall I am not sure they have said if they are still committed or not since coaching change.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Now that the portal is closing for Bama, I would like to see another DB added. There are a couple of good ones who have been in the portal for a while.

Reactions: Tidelines

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Now that the portal is closing for Bama, I would like to see another DB added. There are a couple of good ones who have been in the portal for a while.
I'm not sure what our most pressing needs are. I know we need a tackle and a top notch edge rusher. And a couple proven DBs. I do think one of the 5* freshmen will work into the rotation. Most likely Mbakwe.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what our most pressing needs are. I know we need a tackle and a top notch edge rusher. And a couple proven DBs. I do think one of the 5* freshmen will work into the rotation. Most likely Mbakwe.
I’m not so sure about that. Mincy and Brown are more polished/experienced CBs. Bak is a little more raw at the position, but has huge upside. That said, he is very smart kid and if he picks up the defense quickly, I definitely wouldn’t count him out.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I’m not so sure about that. Mincy and Brown are more polished/experienced CBs. Bak is a little more raw at the position, but has huge upside. That said, he is very smart kid and if he picks up the defense quickly, I definitely wouldn’t count him out.
Anyone know how the defensive scheme under DeBoer compares to Saban’s in term of complexity and difficulty to learn?

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I didn't realize that. I was going on what I had read.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
No doubt Mbakwe is a great athlete. He has pretty much been a QB in HS. So I also think it will take a season at CB to learn more technique, but he will be very good once he settles in there though.

Reactions: Ledsteplin

Grogan11

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 10, 2023
Grubb to Seattle. Reads like bad news but it’s actually good news. The guy obviously didn’t want to be here. Wouldn’t come as OC a year ago for a big raise and a chance to learn from CNS. Didn’t come with CKD until UW told him they didn’t want him as HC. If he didn’t leave for the Seattle OC job I’m sure he would’ve interviewed for the UCLA job, and then if he didn’t get that he would’ve interviewed at the school that lost their coach to UCLA and so on and so on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.