Good News Thread

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
You want some good news. You are alive right now and hopefully healthy since you are reading this board. Bama football hopefully does not define your life. I used to think it did mine until I realized that all those titles changed absolutely nothing in my life.

Your purpose and meaning come from God. Not from how well Bama does. That is temporary. Life is fleeting. My cousin's 5 year old daughter got rushed to the hospital Friday morning and is fighting for her life with something that they cannot diagnosis right now. Be thankful today that is not your child.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
You want some good news. You are alive right now and hopefully healthy since you are reading this board. Bama football hopefully does not define your life. I used to think it did mine until I realized that all those titles changed absolutely nothing in my life.

Your purpose and meaning come from God. Not from how well Bama does. That is temporary. Life is fleeting. My cousin's 5 year old daughter got rushed to the hospital Friday morning and is fighting for her life with something that they cannot diagnosis right now. Be thankful today that is not your child.
I will be praying for her and your family 🙏 that’s heart breaking and hopefully puts things in perspective for people that this is entertainment and not our life. I have had to take steps back before as well not with Alabama football but with our high school and know that God made more than just a football coach. I used to let how the season went define me and my mood way to much when I was younger.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
I hear a DB from Michigan named a Keon S. sorry I forgot his last name has entered the transfer portal has very strong interest in Alabama he is a 4 star. just heard it on WJOX.
Played in the regular season also. (sorry for that one, I just wanted to contribute something to the conversation.)

Reactions: Ledsteplin

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Like I’ve said before I have no doubt DeBoer will find a suitable replacement or call plays himself. I understand but I don’t deal in rumors. There has been enough of that going around. I’m basing it on the fact that Saban did try to hire him last year, he was considered by most as one of the best OC in college football, he called plays for a team that made it to the title game, he apparently is good enough that an NFL team wanted him as their OC that doesn’t happen if he isn’t a great OC.

All I have said is it will hurt losing him not that we can’t replace him but I will say if anyone thinks it doesn’t hurt us losing him that they are looking through crimson glasses.
Saban interviewed him last year; you got proof he offered him the job?

Reactions: The Ols

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
It’s hard to believe that the Seahawks would hire CRG without a through check of his offensive knowledge.
They had that already. Grubb said in his statement he met McDonald last year; they developed a “relationship”.
McDonald already knew what he needed to know. Let’s watch the Seahawks and see how they perform before we start calling Grubb the greatest thing since toilet paper.

Reactions: rolltide7854

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
They had that already. Grubb said in his statement he met McDonald last year; they developed a “relationship”.
McDonald already knew what he needed to know. Let’s watch the Seahawks and see how they perform before we start calling Grubb the greatest thing since toilet paper.
Chris Stewart sent a message last week to us Remember when CNS left Michigan State to LSU he sent a plane back to get his assistants they all decided to stay for Bobby Williams who was promoted to HC at the time guess what in 2003 CNS was holding NC trophy while Bobby Williams staff was let go.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Chris Stewart sent a message last week to us Remember when CNS left Michigan State to LSU he sent a plane back to get his assistants they all decided to stay for Bobby Williams who was promoted to HC at the time guess what in 2003 CNS was holding NC trophy while Bobby Williams staff was let go.
Yep, I saw that last week. The game doesn't come and go over one person. DeBoer already has assembled what appears to be a very solid staff and now looking for an OL coach. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Grubb isn't back in college after two years in the NFL. Ask Chip Kelly and Spurrier, it's a different animal.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
Saban interviewed him last year; you got proof he offered him the job?
Considering I am not a Nick Saban or Ryan Grubb, No I don’t have the 1st hand “proof” that he offered him the job… but here are just a few different sites claiming that he turned it down. Do you have any proof that he didn’t? Some have become so sensitive to anything about Grubb, I could care less about him. He’s gone and not going to be our O.C., next man up.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Considering I am not a Nick Saban or Ryan Grubb, No I don’t have the 1st hand “proof” that he offered him the job… but here are just a few different sites claiming that he turned it down. Do you have any proof that he didn’t? Some have become so sensitive to anything about Grubb, I could care less about him. He’s gone and not going to be our O.C., next man up.

Sports journalism, as well as journalism in general, is not what it used to be. They push rumors, assumptions, and etc without checking facts. And of course they have "sources" they never name. We don't know what transpired. We can speculate all day, and still not know.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
Sports journalism, as well as journalism in general, is not what it used to be. They push rumors, assumptions, and etc without checking facts. And of course they have "sources" they never name. We don't know what transpired. We can speculate all day, and still not know.
Oh I agree journalism is dead, same way with the whole Grubb was already hired at Seattle before signing day. It’s funny how whatever rumor has the word “source” added to it makes everyone think wow he must have inside information. I just wish companies and sites would hold their writers a little more accountable or have the risk of losing the title of “news.”

Joefus

1st Team
Jan 3, 2021
I believe will have a dynasty built Grubb And Huff will be looking for employment.
A first time head coach with a def background hiring a college offensive coordinator with zero nfl experience and a college o line coach with zero nfl experience is still pretty baffling to me. Especially when your qb is an aging geno smith. I mean….could work if your owner is a very patient man but i’d put my money on this backfiring spectacularly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.