Link: Jalen Milroe Working on His Throwing Mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Zero proof? You want me to name his coaches name, that I’m not allowed to divulge?
You could say any name you want but that's not proof it's hearsay.

The true test of whether or not Jalen has improved at reading defenses and going through progressions will only come vs real competition in the fall.

Hypothetically doing something in scripted practices is not even remotely the same thing.

• Thank You
Reactions: TD7

Labrador

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2024
You could say any name you want but that's not proof it's hearsay.

The true test of whether or not Jalen has improved at reading defenses and going through progressions will only come vs real competition in the fall.

Hypothetically doing something in scripted practices is not even remotely the same thing.
working in groups WRs/DBs, ridiculous amounts of time in film study, and better coaching. You can either believe or not. I don’t care.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
working in groups WRs/DBs, ridiculous amounts of time in film study, and better coaching. You can either believe or not. I don’t care.
Repping 7-on-7, Studying film, and being coachable are all great things to be doing.

It's not the same as 11 on 11 Full Contact vs an Opponent at Full speed.

If/when we start the season in Game 1 with Jalen as QB1 and he's consistently making the right reads and making quick decisions I will believe he has improved.

If he's still holding on to the ball too long or locking onto the 1st and 2nd reads and not checking down and refusing to run then I will know he has not improved and is a practice player and not a gamer.

It's as simple as that.

We can't and won't know anything definitive until the Fall...and honestly the TRUE test will be on Sept 28th vs UGA because our 1st 3 games will be vs Tomato cans.

Labrador

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2024
Repping 7-on-7, Studying film, and being coachable are all great things to be doing.

It's not the same as 11 on 11 Full Contact vs an Opponent at Full speed.

If/when we start the season in Game 1 with Jalen as QB1 and he's consistently making the right reads and making quick decisions I will believe he has improved.

If he's still holding on to the ball too long or locking onto the 1st and 2nd reads and not checking down and refusing to run then I will know he has not improved and is a practice player and not a gamer.

It's as simple as that.

We can't and won't know anything definitive until the Fall...and honestly the TRUE test will be on Sept 28th vs UGA because our 1st 3 games will be vs Tomato cans.
It’s almost like some fans expect perfection as if the players don’t expect that of themselves.

Reactions: Ledsteplin

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
It’s almost like some fans expect perfection as if the players don’t expect that of themselves.
I didn't say he needed to be perfect.

I said I wanted to see consistency in executing things that he's only done sparingly before.

Consistently doing the right things vs real competition will be proof that he's made big strides.

Labrador

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2024
I didn't say he needed to be perfect.

I said I wanted to see consistency in executing things that he's only done sparingly before.

Consistently doing the right things vs real competition will be proof that he's made big strides.
I guess we’ll see how it plays out when kickoff comes. I’m only trying to offer what I know to be factual. Being second and third guessed is one reason I left another board. At least no name calling here….yet. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.