Link: Jalen Milroe Working on His Throwing Mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
The team had a little over 300 yards of total offense, and Hurts accounted for 194 of those in the air and on the ground (He was the leading rusher in that game with 82 yards). Auburn had over 400 yards of offense, including 240 yards in the air. I don't recall Jalen playing defense in that game.

Was Jalen good in that game? No.

Was the rest of the team good in that game? No.

So, once again, you're blaming an entire game on one player who, although didn't play great, wasn't responsible for everything that contributed to the loss.

So, who is responsible for the loss? The entire team.
This game followed the pattern of other Hurts games vs good defenses. We went 3 of 11 on 3rd down. We were also 1 of 4 on 4th downs. Our drives consisted of:
7 plays, Punt
5 plays, Fumble (after an Auburn 12 play 95 yard TD drive)
3 plays, Punt
7 plays, TD
3 plays, Punt
HALFTIME
5 plays, TD
3 plays, Punt
6 plays, JK scott pass to Pappanastos for a loss of 9 to end drive (after an Auburn 12 play TD drive)
10 plays, Downs (after an Auburn 7 play TD drive)
11 plays, Downs
1 play, Game Over

1st Fumble was Hurts running on a 2nd and 27.

Auburn also had the ball for 12 minutes more....almost an entire quarter worth of time. We sustained nothing on offense, kept making the D go out there. It was a common theme with Hurts at QB.

Hurts was as overwhelmed in this game as Milroe was vs Michigan....if not more.

Reactions: Superdad

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I

Winning the SEC championship while ending one of our biggest rivals' undefeated streak in doing so, and making the playoffs isn't a successful season?

What would be a successful season?
With the level of talent we had at the skill positions and OL, anything less than a top 10 rated offense in yards and points per game is underperforming. We were down in the mid-20s, so that is not success by any means on that side of the ball.

Having the lowest ppg, and ypg we have had in the last 10 years or so means that our team success was way more due to the defense exceeding expectations.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Well, to that I would ask you when was the last time Bama had one singular player responsible for losing 2 games and ruining a potential championship season?
Good Lord. tidefans needs to do a little soul searching and get back to its core values. Laying the entire fault of two losses on one player is unbelievable.

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Jalen is our starter. He’s working with a QB Coach on mechanics (obviously changed for the better),

Jalen has been working with a QB Coach, and it has paid dividends. His entire throwing motion has improved and shortened. Vision has improved by scanning the field. My confidence in Milroe has increased considerably. Although, remember Hurts didn’t hardly look anywhere except where Amari Cooper was.
There is ZERO proof of this.

This won’t even begin to be known until live bullets are fired by opposing teams.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Good Lord. tidefans needs to do a little soul searching and get back to its core values. Laying the entire fault of two losses on one player is unbelievable.
Soul searching? We've gone off the rails because we question kids that are making life changing money and are basically semi pros now?

The entire offense was diminished to give Milroe the best chance with what he could handle. He still struggled. We won because the D stepped up.

I'll even go so far as to say Seth struggled because of things Milroe should have been doing and wasn't.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Then we have to assume he is doing what it takes to be the starter. But again, the games will be what decides the QB1 position, not the drills in practice.
I think so too. I figure JM will probably start game 1, if I had to guess right now. But I hope those 1st two games will be the real QB tryout and I expect at last 2 or 3 guys will probably get an opportunity.

This is actually one area where I hope CKD does it differently than CNS. He normally started a guy and it would take massive failure later in the season to change (Hurts/Tua).

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
What annoys me about the “well if he only had a snapper” crowd is that they are usually the same ones that are quoting every meaningless stat and saying he won us the SECCG. But they also never have a response to when you bring up that Mahomes all year was fielding ground ball snaps as well.
Like your posts, respect your knowledge ... but comparing the best quarterback in the world to a first-year starter?

• Haha
Reactions: Bama1971Stan!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Like your posts, respect your knowledge ... but comparing the best quarterback in the world to a first-year starter?
Again… we have had countless threads and posts comparing him to Lamar Jackson and Vince Young when praising him by many of the same people who want to blame everything and everyone but Milroe for our offensive inefficiencies. So how is making this comparison that far out of bounds.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yall need to tone this down or go bicker by private message.
Quoted for emphasis.

The tone of some of these posts isn't as cordial as we have long emphasized on TideFans. This isn't like other sites where people get nasty with one another or take things personally, and if that continues here not only will those involved get a free vacation but I'll lock this thread.

Keep it amicable, that's not a request.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Great choice of words, had to do a double take. Don't think I have ever seen the word bicker written out LOL.
I was talking with my kids the other day about words like "disgruntled" and how you never hear anyone talk about whether they're "gruntled"...which is apparently a real word that no one ever uses.

"What's the mood in the locker room? Everyone seems properly gruntled."

I'm not sure how many people would have the slightest clue what that means...but it sure doesn't sound positive.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I was talking with my kids the other day about words like "disgruntled" and how you never hear anyone talk about whether they're "gruntled"...which is apparently a real word that no one ever uses.

I'm not sure how many people would have the slightest clue what that means...but it sure doesn't sound positive.
I am gruntled by your post :) Fist time I have ever written that!

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

The gruntled/disgruntled makes me think about a kid that lives close to my office. He has an old Suburban with huge rims, super thin tires, loud exhaust, and the front end is lifted way in the air. He drives around with volume level 12. One of the stickers on his back glass says "Cognito." I assume he intends that to mean the opposite of incognito, which would apply. The funny thing to me is that cognito actually means something more akin to I think therefore I am. I'm not sure this dude spends much time thinking.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Again… we have had countless threads and posts comparing him to Lamar Jackson and Vince Young when praising him by many of the same people who want to blame everything and everyone but Milroe for our offensive inefficiencies. So how is making this comparison that far out of bounds.
I remember one guy, no longer posting, who made similarly questionable comparisons between Jalen and accomplished professional QBs. He's not in their league, literally, or even close. But he's a lot better than many of his critics on this board can bring themselves to acknowledge. Which is the crux of this seemingly endless debate.

• Full Banjeaux!
Reactions: Cruloc

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
The gruntled/disgruntled makes me think about a kid that lives close to my office. He has an old Suburban with huge rims, super thin tires, loud exhaust, and the front end is lifted way in the air. He drives around with volume level 12. One of the stickers on his back glass says "Cognito." I assume he intends that to mean the opposite of incognito, which would apply. The funny thing to me is that cognito actually means something more akin to I think therefore I am. I'm not sure this dude spends much time thinking.
cogito
noun
co·gi·to ˈkä-gi-ˌtō ˈkō- ˈkä-ji-

: the philosophical principle that one's existence is demonstrated by the fact that one thinks

: the intellectual processes of the self or ego

Bill from NYC

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2020
Milroe needs a ton of work, and it remains to be seen if he will ever be much more than a "running" quarterback. Not a scrambler, because he takes too many sacks.

I never posted the following anywhere, but here goes:

I give Milroe tons of credit for his game winning pass in the Iron Bowl. It won us the game and I thank him. That said, I have watched the replay probably close to 100 times and have arrived at the conclusion that Auburn played the worst, dumbest defense I for one have ever seen. They had two outside rushers going nowhere and a guy in the middle just standing around. They gave him all the time any QB could possibly need. What am I getting at?

Receivers at Alabama are talented enough to eventually get open if they have unlimited time. The coaches at Auburn really screwed up. I thank them for giving Milroe all day to throw. Still, this is year 4 for Milroe. He really does need to make quicker decisions, take less sacks, and find open receivers MUCH sooner.

As always, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.