Trevor Etienne Arrested DUI

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I would encourage you to look into it a little further. Even in Virginia, the police officer can charge you with a DUI for blowing below 0.08 if they feel you are impaired. It remains the officers discretion. Even if you blow 0.000000 they can technically take you in for DUI. It is unlikely to be upheld in court, but its still gonna cost you money and heart ache.

I am sorry this is off track from the original topic. I just feel the above is important

I personally have zero tolerance for drinking and driving, and am embarrassed any time I see something like this in the news with my football teams name attached to it... which seems to be a lot lately
As I said, I've never heard of anyone getting charged with a DUI under those circumstances in VA (I've been practicing law here for 20 years), even though it's on the books.

It's also still a crime to commit adultery in Virginia, but I don't think anyone has faced that charge in court since the days of horse buggies and oil lamps, although it regularly results in people pleading the 5th in divorce proceedings when asked about extramarital relations.

Reactions: DawgAlum2054

HighlandOak

1st Team
Mar 8, 2023
As I said, I've never heard of anyone getting charged with a DUI under those circumstances in VA (I've been practicing law here for 20 years), even though it's on the books.

It's also still a crime to commit adultery in Virginia, but I don't think anyone has faced that charge in court since the days of horse buggies and oil lamps, although it regularly results in people pleading the 5th in divorce proceedings when asked about extramarital relations.
The main issue with DUI is impairment, not alcohol or whatever substance.

HighlandOak

1st Team
Mar 8, 2023
I have no idea why there isn't more help provided to the football coaches by the administrations to help monitor and deal with the players once they leave practice and games. The amount of revenue the football programs generate for the school you would think they would do their best to protect it.
There is tons of help available.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Drunk driving accidents accounted for almost a quarter (24.8%) of all traffic fatalities in North Carolina, but just 4.6% of all crashes.

So, driving with a few too many equal 10,000 people killed every year. I'm going to assume that is also equal to about 500,000 injured every year as well, since 2 million people are injured by cars every year as well.

According to one website:
North Carolina Drunk Driving Statistics | James Scott Farrin

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

Dude was HAMMERED!!!
Considering they just had people die under similar circumstances, Even if UGA cares only about the optics of the situation (never mind the more serious and obvious institutional disciplinary problems they have in the program) they'd take a very strict stance on this and offer up a lengthy suspension.

But there's wins and money at stake, so I won't hold my breath.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Considering they just had people die under similar circumstances, Even if UGA cares only about the optics of the situation (never mind the more serious and obvious institutional disciplinary problems they have in the program) they'd take a very strict stance on this and offer up a lengthy suspension.

But there's wins and money at stake, so I won't hold my breath.
If he doesn’t go down hard Kirby’s even more of a clown than previously considered. May be a great coach, but this is getting into serious territory here.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
If he doesn’t go down hard Kirby’s even more of a clown than previously considered. May be a great coach, but this is getting into serious territory here.
IF Kirby refuses to do anything, then someone from the administration needs to step in and overrule him.

We're a year passed asking "Does someone have to die before they do something?"

The program appears to be largely out of control at this point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.